Chapter Three

The three dragon riders were looking around for the mysterious dragon's rider. "How could they have gone far?" Heather questioned. Hiccup stood still for a moment; He looked up.

"Trees, We've only been looking on the ground. Maybe they never hit the ground." He could almost hit himself on the head because the dragon was found on the ground. They hadn't thought the rider would be anywhere else.

The night fury-like-dragon seemed to hear them. He looked up at the tree line and sniffed the air before he went to a tree and stretched himself up the tree like a cat. His eyes were on something. The three went over to the tree and looked up; they saw someone standing against it. "Found them," Hiccup spoke, his head an annoyed groan. Before, the 'rider' sat on the tree branch looking down from them.

"Are you okay?" Fishlegs questioned them.

"Being that I have been knocked out, then falling out of the sky, Yeah, just peachy, very peachy," He spoke sarcastically. They looked at one other Hiccup looked back at the boy in the tree.

"You want to come down to talk?" Hiccup questioned. "Your dragon is worried about you."

"One: No, I think I will stay up here; it seems safer than being down there" He eyed the blurry figures of dragons. "Two: It's not my dragon!!!! Why does everyone keep saying that?!"

Hiccup looked at the dragon and the others. "You sure about that?" Heather questioned. "He seemed to be worried about you."

"Yes! He started following me around a couple of months ago; I don't know why or where he even came from," He replied. "He all yours, guess by the dragons. You're the famous dragon riders" He looked directly at hiccup.

"I wouldn't say we are famous?"

"Well, the dragon hunter, Viggo, was it? Knows you," He said. "Interesting person, guessing your enemies by the sound of it; I would say yes." He spoke, "Well, I will say one thing, sure thing you have changed a lot. Though I don't know who the girl is, whatever."

Hiccup and Fishlegs looked at one other confused; now they were officially lost; they knew this person who wasn't a dragon rider. The other riders came on their dragons. The light fury saw the monstrous nightmare. He lifted his back and wings to make himself look more extensive and let out a growl before backing up to the tree the teen was in protectively. Hiccup looked at the dragon.

"Well, that's a first," The teen in the tree spoke. "He normally pretty chill," he said. Hiccup looked at the light furies scars, then at the nightmare's claws.

"Oh," Fishlegs spoke up. "He doesn't like Nightmares."

"What do you mean he doesn't like nightmares!?" Snotlout was on the defense as he came over to them.

"He means the dragon probably has a history with the dragons with Nightmares, there for afraid of them, you Nitwit," The teen spoke, rolling his eyes at him. Astrid came over to them.

"You guys were faster than I thought," hiccup spoke after.

"Yeah, Someone knocked out the hunters, and Viggo just let the dragons go," She spoke, her eyes going onto the teen in the tree. She swallowed. "He said this one here is a sparrow" The twins and Snotlout look at Astrid.

Ruffnut went to say something but was cut off by Astrid. "And not to be trusted."

The teen raised an eyebrow. "I didn't think Viggo knew that," the teen spoke softly, but also deadly after she gave away what he was. The Light fury went low to the ground, whimpering, hoping they wouldn't get a repeat of the dragon ship.

"I heard of the sparrows," Heather spoke up, "They are a group of assassins; not much is known about or who pulls the strings, just that they are the most deadly assassins."

"And are made up of children between six and eighteen," The teen spoke up.

"They are kids?!" Fishlegs yelled in surprise; We used to have stories to frighten us not to go outside; I didn't think they were real."

"They are; they killed Hunter," Hiccup spoke quietly. The teen looked at him; he hadn't heard that name in a long time.

"Hiccup," Ruffnut said. "That is Hunter!" She pointed at the teen in the tree. "Viggo told us" Astrid gave her a look. "He may be dangerous, but you deserve to know."

Hiccup looked at him. "Hunter?" He was surprised, but it made sense how he knew them. The teen sighed slightly. He wasn't ready for this.

"Yes? I think. I'm an assassin?" He shrugged, unsure what to say. He got up, standing on the bench, and did a back flip onto the ground in front of the dragon. The light fury pulled him into a hug making his eyes widen as the dragon licked him. "Stop!!" He yelled, trying to get away from the dragon.

Now that Hiccup could see him up close, he had gained a lot of scars over his face and some over his neck where the ones he could see. "Did you run away?"

"Yes. I don't want to die."

AN: Another chapter!! So I hope you enjoyed, so if you're wondering how hunter knew who they were, it's because he identified them as blurry blogs, plus hiccups having a night fury. He kind of guessed the others were the kids from berk.

Comment what you think

~Soulfury