bonus chapter 01

"Harder."

Valerie demanded begrudgingly.

Luca took a deep breath, closing his eyes tightly as he pounded in another peg for the tent he was setting up.

"See what happens when you put a lil power in your swing?" Valerie chirped, putting her hands on her waist admiring her husband's handiwork like she'd done it herself.

Wiping a light glow of sweat off of his brow, Luca grabbed Valerie by her waist and went in for a hard peck on the lips. He then released her with a sharp smack on her ass. Valerie felt like she needed him to pound a few other things in as the sting on her ass spread through her whole body.

"I definitely know the power in my swing. You do too." He kisses her forehead before nodding at someone in the distance. When Valerie breathlessly turns to see who he was greeting, she saw a mischievously grinning Nicki.

She was approaching Valerie in a light gray fitted suit and skirt ensemble with a jade green snake skin briefcase in hand. The formerly blonde streaked brunette roommate now had dark ginger hair. It brought out the green flecks in her hazel eyes.

"Now I see why you guys had a shot gun wedding." She joked, pulling Valerie in for a tight embrace, the briefcase dropping at their feet.

Valerie squeezed Nicki with all the strength she could, so glad to see her again. Nicki had moved quite a bit away after starting her own law firm in Washington D.C.

When the women separated, Nicki smiled warmly at Valerie before looking around. The whole reason Nicki had come to town was because S & G Corp had sponsored the building of a community center back in Valerie's hometown. The center of Longwood, in the Bronx.

The ribbon cutting ceremony was almost in full swing. Luca and Valerie were out helping the last of the vendors and food trucks they invited to help celebrate the event. The S & G Corp Ground Up project involved most of the money of the company going towards community centers, after school programs, and free lunch programs in New York's underprivileged communities.

Luca had retreated to a group of his colleagues he invited to the opening.

The man in a suit will always have me falling on my kne—

"This place looks amazing. I know Camille and Erik are gonna drive you guys up a fucking wall to come back here. I mean shit, you can see the water slide through the roof of the building." Nicki started in disbelief, pulling Valerie back to attention, as Nicki appraised the new building.

Valerie turned around to face the same direction Nicki was and she beamed at the sight of the almost 60 million dollar community center. It came with a daycare, indoor pools with water slides, two computer labs, state-of-the-art gym, and only just a few blocks down from a major public high school.

After school activities as well as sports teams would run year around at the facility. This would bring enrichment to the community for decades to come.

Not too shabby if I do say so myself.

Valerie complimented the building in her head, but aloud all she did was beam proudly.

"Valerie! These babies need a snack. Are the food trucks open yet?" Valerie's mother, Jean, called out. Both of her arms were outstretched in front of her as Camille and Erik pulled her towards their mother.

Camille and Erik were russet brown babies with obsidian curls. Camille's were shaping up to be more on the 4B side while Erik had a looser 3C. Luca found the mini durags Valerie put him at night to be the funniest thing in the world.