Chapter 16

Catch-up

He nodded his head and I led Loki and the four younglings to my chambers.

Present

I opened the large double doors and Loki and the children followed me inside, looking around curiously.

"I am assuming Thor shall be awaiting us in Asgard?" I half asked Loki. He nodded in reply, but I could see something bothering him.

I led the children into a room with some Jotun sweet-treats before returning to my brother, whom was still lost in thought.

"Tell me what burdens you, brother."

"Why do they care?" He whispered.

"What do you mean?"

"Why do they care that Odin had took me?"

"You are their Prince. Regardless if you have accepted that or not, you are the elder of the pair of us, and have a claim to the throne. Odin took someone who could be their future King. Someone who had their respect even as an unborn. You are their Prince, and Odin took you from us. Here on Jotunheim, we are all like family until we start courting. Of course they would care that they lost over a thousand years of being able to get to know you, to understand you."

One look at his conflicted expression told me everything.

"What lies did Odin fill your head with?" I softly asked.

"I was abandoned. Unwanted. Left to die on a frozen rock." Was his whispered reply.

"You were loved even before you were born. They are all empty words. Lies." I assured him.

After a few more minutes of self-doubt and reassurance, I made sure everyone was prepared and I gathered the children, Loki, and my father to the clearing that was used when my father and I left for Asgard.

We disappeared from Jotunheim in a flash of green, and appeared in the golden dome, yet again. The magic surrounding Asgard prevents me from just teleporting straight infront of Odin from outside the realm.

"Your highnesses, I hope yous are all aware that I cannot allow yous to enter Asgard if the Allfather is in danger." Heimdall said to us.

"We won't touch a single hair on his head." I assured him.

I had a point. I wasn't going to touch the hair on his head. I said nothing about refraining myself from slapping him stupid.

He smirked and nodded his head, clearly used to similar words from Loki.

"About time yous got here. Mother is waiting at the palace steps." We heard Thor's booming voice as he neared us. "There are only three horses so-" I didn't give him time to finish before I teleported us all infront of the palace.

"Nevermind, then." Thor said as he paled slightly, clearly disliking teleportation.

"Loki." I heard the Queen say. "Either I am hallucinating, you are playing mind games on everyone, or you brought your children back from Hel." She sounded concerned, and rightfully so.

"Neither of those three. I brought them back. My mother had a grimoire that was passed through generations of the eldest females of my family. Its the only book of dark spells there is." I said to her.

"What was the price?" She quizzed.

"Nothing I couldn't pay." I brushed it off.

"And, what was this grimoire called?"

"It changes with each owner. Now that it belongs to me, it is called, 'The Freyrdottir Legacy'. Why do you ask?"

"Because that was my sister's grimoire. And my maiden surname." I felt my anger rise. Odin knew that my mother was the Queen's sister. Yet another thing he hid from us all.