Chapter 12

Loki was able to get to his own bed, with a bit of help from Thor.

The two of them are behind me, as I open all the doors for them to get through. Loki insisted he could walk on his own, but Thor knew better. So Thor currently had Loki putting most of his weight onto him, making it easier for Loki to walk, and allowing him to keep most of his dignity.

I opened Loki's door and was able to walk right through, but Thor was abruptly stopped at the threshold. "What is this?" Thor asked, clearly confused.

I walked back up to the doorway and held out my hand. "It's a protection ward. Although, I am not quite certain as to why it allows me to enter, but not you." I was puzzled, but thought it wise to allow Loki to keep his barrier up.

"It won't allow anyone in who has ill intentions." Loki's groggy voice sounded from Thor's side. "It does not matter whom those intentions are against."

"Hydra." Thor grumbled. I am guessing that they are the cause to his negative intentions. "You have no ill intentions against Hydra? After what they did to Loki?" He said louder, looking quite mad.

"Not at the moment. It is not my current priority. What is my current priority, is making sure he is resting." I nodded towards my brother as I held my hand out for him to take, which he did. We slowly made our way to his bed and I started speaking again. "Plus they have a fire giant. I could withstand almost anything with my sorcery and combat training. But going head-to-head with one of those, isn't something I can do." I explained as I got Loki to lie down.

"A fire giant?! Were you hurt?" Loki fretted.

"Just a small burn. 'Tis but a simple flesh wound. Nothing i can't try and heal." I reasured him. Not a full lie. A can try and heal it, but it probably would not help.

"That was not a 'small burn', lady." Thor said from the doorway, still struggling to enter.

"Not helping, Thor." I groaned. "I'm fine. Its not that bad." I said to both brothers as I changed Loki's wounds dressing.

"And that is why there is still a bandage wrapped around your forearm." Loki said as he looked at me.

"It's healing. I think." I mumbled the last part. Loki gave me the look. I sighed and started unraveling the cloth bandage on my arm and showed him it.

It took up a third of my forearm, and was still blackish in colour. I grimaced when I gently tore away the last of the cloth. It was gooey, and sticking to the bandage. This was definitely infected.

"Yes, that is definitely healing." Loki sarcastically said.

"I was slightly preoccupied and forgot about it. It may scar, but I doubt it will be any worse." I responded, clearly playing down the extent of it.

I know I could loose half my arm, but I'm trying to be optimistic. Wanda said it would help other Midgardians like me more. Pietro then told me that I'm too much of a pessimist, and that it can apparently be depressing at times.

I think I'm just realistic.

I winced as I wrapped my arm back up again and pulled it tightly before turning my attention back to Loki. I won't tell him that I could bring his children back just yet. He would stress the fact that I need to ignore his needs and focus on his young. 

I made sure that his wounds were clean and covered before I left his room. Thor was still struggling to enter Loki's chambers, but I grabbed his arm and dragged him to my own room.

I locked the door and turned back to the confused Asgardian. "I need to know the names of Loki's children." I quietly said.

Thor looked baffled as to why I needed to know. "Why?" He cautiously asked.

"I could bring them back, Thor. I could bring his children back." I answered and his eyes lit up with hope.

"Narfi and Vali. Narfi is a young boy and Vali his twin sister."

"I'll prepare what I need, but I will need to tell Loki what I am doing. I can't just show up with his children who he thought were deceased. I'll make the journey to Hel once I know I have Loki's permission." I planned. The look of hope in Thor's eyes made me feel less nervous about the ordeal.

I walked to a bookshelf and pulled the right side of the frame to reveal a small room that holds my sorcery things.

I walked to a small stand that held one of my eldest grimoires

I walked to a small stand that held one of my eldest grimoires. It was my mother's. She told me how it had been passed down through generations of sorceresses in our family. It is a book containing spells that require dark magic, only to be used in emergencies.

I think this could be classed as an emergency.

As I was flicking through the grimoire I noticed Thor looking around the room, then trying to touch a jar containing a deceased faerie. Ugly little sods, but it is hard to find them as they are a creature that is going extinct. This one was already dead when I found her.

I sent a bolt of magic his way which zapped his hand before he touched it

I sent a bolt of magic his way which zapped his hand before he touched it. He yelped and retracted his hand then glared at me.

"It is a specimen that was already deceased when I found it. Faerie's are an endangered species in the realms, and I don't want to risk any damages." I explained before he grilled me on why I had it.

I found the spell and left the grimoire open on that page before walking out the room, with Thor on my tail, and used magic to shut the secret door. I started flicking through shelves in my room for a book on possible side affects on resurrection and started reading.

I hope I can bring them home.

An- I am so sorry this took so long, but it's out now. Don't forget to vote and comment if you think Lola can bring the twins back. There is always a price for dark magic. What do you think it could be?

Till next time,

Xo
   -Kat