2 ~ alicorn?

"There you are!" Dex said, stomping into the clearing

"There you are!" Dex said, stomping into the clearing. I, moments behind him.
My jaw fell open as the horse whinnied and took to the sky. A magestic Alicorn.
"It's okay," Sophie called.
"He's a friend." Friend. Such a strong word.
"You're lonely?" Sophie whispered.
"That's not a sasquatch," Dex mumbled.
"Yeah, I think we caught that," I grinned.
"Do you know what it is?"
"An alicorn," Dad murmured behind us, triggering a new wave of panic from the flying horse.

"Sandor! Your scaring it! You need to get back." Sandor didn't budge.

"Sandor, we can't lose this creature." I added. This beautiful Alicorn was one of the only alicorns alive, the only other was a male called Greyfell. (That is the name right??) If this winged horse was female this could be a whole new start. Sandor stomped out of the clearing, causing the alicorn to calm.

"It's really that important?" Sophie asked confused.

"Uhh yeah." Dex stared at her like she was psycho, "they've only found one ever- the council's been searching for centuries."

"Millennia." Dad corrected, still in awe, "Throughout our time on this planet we've worked to discover all of its secrets. And then by accident, a magnificent alicorn stumbled into our lives, proving the earth still had a few tricks up its sleeves. We've been trying to find another one ever since. We can't let it slip away. Can you call it down, Sophie?"

After a moment or two the alicorn circled over our heads and swooped down. "Incredible..."

"Good girl." Sophie whispered.

"Girl?" Dex asked. He had a fair point, how did she know that? All though if I asked her that about all the strange things she did, there would be a pretty long list. Sophie nodded though. What a miracle!

"The alicorn at the sanctuary is male!" I grinned.

"This is the find of a lifetime!" Dad added. Sophie pulled a big smile.

"Um, not to kill everyone's excitement but how are we going to get her home?" Dex interrupted.

"That's a good question." I thought about it for a moment could Sophie control her or something?
"The sasquatch harness won't fit—and even if I dashed home, it's not like we have an alicorn restraint." Dad added.
"Maybe we don't need one." Sophie stared into the alicorn's unblinking eyes. Sophie was pretty brave for what she did next. She reached out her hand and took a slow step forward.
"Careful," I warned when the alicorn whinnied.
"Easy, girl," Sophie whispered, not breaking eye contact as she took another step. She nickered. I really hoped that meant "Go ahead." I held my breath as Sophie closed the last space between them. Her fingers brushed the fur on the bridge of the alicorn's nose. The shimmering horse snorted, but didn't back away. "Good girl," Sophie said, tracing her fingers up toward the horn. She fingered the strands of silvery mane. The alicorn released what sounded like a soft sigh. Then she nuzzled Sophie's shoulder. Sophie giggled as the wet nostrils tickled her neck.
"She likes you," Dad whispered.
"Is that true, girl? Do you like me?"
"What's wrong?" Dad asked as Sophie took a step away, shaking her head. 

————-

"ugh, my

Hey guys! I've rlly not been feeling motivated to update so sorry for the long wait and short chapter <3