1~My new sister

𝐈𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞 ~

𝐈𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞 ~

"Iris! Come down stairs! She's here!" My mother, Edaline called

"Coming, mum!" I shouted back. I jumped out of my bed and ran to my mirror. She could talk, just like, like my deceased sister's one did...

"Hey Valentina! What should I do with my hair? I'm meeting my new adoptive sister." I smiled at the mirror. A girl with beautiful ice blue eyes and black hair running down her back appeared in the mirror.

"Hello Iris! Sounds exciting! Just give it a quick brush and a half pony." Valentina replied.

"Thanks!" I grabbed my hair brush and pulled my hair into a half up, half down.

The picture above the chapter is what Iris looks like.

I quickly hopped down stairs to hear a feminine voice say, "Thank you for having me."

I walked up to my mum and slipped my arm through hers.

"Hi, I'm Iris!" I smiled at the pretty blonde girl. "Wow! Nice eyes! Have you visited Slurps and Burps already? Oh, or are they contacts?"

"Hey, I'm Sophie. And um, no these are my real eyes." I tried to cover my shock and obviously did not succeed, as Sophie looked down at her shoes.

"Oh, we'll they're really pretty!" I said lightening the mood.

I noticed Alden standing behind Sophie. "Oh, Hi Alden! Didn't see you there."

Alden gave me a broad grin, "Nice to see you Iris!"

"I hope you can stay for tea, Alden. There's mallowmelt!" Mum smiled.

Alden's face lit up, " If you insist."

I had just helped myself to my 2nd slice

I had just helped myself to my 2nd slice. Sophie and I had been getting on pretty well. I found out that I wasn't the only one that wasn't the biggest fan of wearing ball gowns! Dad walked in, his hair dripping from a hasty shower in an attempt to get rid off Verdi's mess. Not to my surprise, he came and took four slices! Sophie's eyes widened and I giggled.

"Would you like some lushberry juice?" Mum asked politely to Sophie and Alden.

"Um, sure." Sophie said, my guess was she had no clue what it was. It humoured me. Alden, though, nodded vigorously, whilst consuming his 3rd slice of mallowmelt. Mum snapped her fingers and two glasses appeared on the table. Sophie backed up as if the drink was poisoned.

Dad laughed, "Guess you've never seen a Conjurer in action before."

"How?" Was all Sophie could muster up.

"If I know where something is, I can bring it here with my mind. It's kind of like teleporting, but with objects." Mum explained with a chuckle.

"Don't mean to be a party pooper, but, I'm really tired and can't be late for Foxfire tomorrow. So, I'm off to bed. Good night everyone. It was nice getting to know you Sophie. I'll help you around Foxfire tomorrow!" I said as I got up from my seat and put my dishes in the sink. I almost dropped one but caught it with a force field.

"Wow! That was so cool!" Sophie smiled.

"Thanks, I'm a Psionipath." I smiled back and went upstairs and into my room.

I grabbed on to Moomin, my hippo teddy, Elwin had given to me when I was 6. I couldn't get get rid of him, even if I tried. I changed into my PJs and said good night to Valentina. My bed felt like pillow made of Verdi's soft feathers. Immediately, I dozed off.

That's chapter 1 for you!