2 ~ Slurps and Burps

I woke up and saw a beautiful sunrise shining by my window

I woke up and saw a beautiful sunrise shining by my window. Reflecting a rainbow on my flower threaded carpet. I'd helped Calla move one into Sophie's room. I quickly got changed into my FoxFire uniform and trotted downstairs. "Morning you too!" Mum said. I looked in confusion at her, she pointed behind me. I turned and jumped in shock. I'd forgotten about Sophie.

"Oh, it's just you! You scared the living daylights out of me!" I laughed as Sophie giggled.

"Ummm, Iris? Why are you in your Uniform?" Dad asked. I looked down at my outfit.

"It's the weekend darling." Mum pointed out as everyone started laughing. My mouth formed an O, as I ran back upstairs to change. I put on a short pink dress. Mum would insist. Ugh, boy do I hate dresses. I ran back downstairs and took a seat. Mum gave me a slice of Poracoot Pie. (think that's how you spell it?) One of my favourites.

"Wow! That tastes like bacon covered in melted cheese!" Sophie said as she grabbed a fork and started shovelling mouthfuls inside of her. I laughed with mum.

"You better head of to Slurps and Burps now!" Dad said and stood up.

"Oh yes!" Mum said, "Sophie we need to get your medicine!"

"Oh! Will Dex be their?" I asked happily. Mum nodded, "Yes!" Me and my cousin loved spending time with each other. We got on so well.

"Who's Dex?" Sophie questioned.

"My cousin." I thought for a second, "So I guess, he's sort of your cousin too!" Sophie smiled and put her shoes on. I grabbed my black boots and slipped them on. I handed Sophie a spare cape.

"Uhhhh, what's this for?" Sophie started at me blankly.

"To keep you warm, look." I spun her around and clipped it around her neck. I then put mine on and pulled my family crest into place.

"Let's go!" Mum said as we linked hands and light leaped.

We stood out side of the colourful building. The big sign read 'SLURPS AND BURPS'. I grabbed Sophie's hand and ran into the building. I saw Dex holding an orange tube.

"Sophie, let's scare Dex!" I whispered. She looked like she was about to stop me, so, I crept up behind Dex.

"And Done-

"BOO!" I screamed as Dex dropped the elixir on the table and it spilt everywhere.

"Whoops?" I said giving him a guilty look. He turned to me and smirked.

"Idiot." He murmured. I slapped him on the back of the head.

"Okay, Sophie meet Dex, Dex meet Sophie! You guys are sorta cousins!" I smiled as I gave jazz hands.

"Hello, I remember being told you were coming." Dex smiled and shook Sophie's hand. She just gave an awkward wave.

"Wow! Your eyes!" Dex pointed out.

"Yeah, brown." Sophie copied my jazz hands.

"I think we have your medicine in the back, Elwin visited yesterday." Dex sat up and ran into the back. He came running back in with two bottles.

"Thanks!" I smiled at him as he handed them to Sophie.

"Thank you Dex." Sophie handed him a smile which he happily returned.

A lot of chatting commenced. " I have my own land?" Dex grinned.

"What?" Sophie asked in confusion.

"His last name is Diznee." I explained. Her mouth formed an O.

"Bye!" I said as we left the building

"Bye!" Uncle Kesler and Dex shouted back. Sophie and Edaline waved.