Chapter 17: When Your Comes Home In Blood

.

In the living room of the Hiryu household, Shido and Hibiki stared at each other.

Hibiki looked at Shido. Her now blue eyes looked at him, glaring at him with determination.

Shido on the other hand looked at her with a bored look, but his lips was slightly curled up in barely contained amusement.

The two of them were playing Uno which Shido introduced to his two female friends months ago.

Currently, Hibiki held two cards left and Shido held two.

"Draw 4, yellow" Hibiki put down her card.

"Oh no....what shall ever will I do!" Shido gave her mocking fearful look....then he dropped a Draw 4 card with a smirk on his face.

Hibiki's face then turned into fear. Her determination now faltered against the man....No, Demon of a friend.

The Demon's grin widened. Showing he was enjoying her reaction and reluctant action on having to draw eight more card.

"Muda Muda." The game ended in Shido's victory. As Shido enjoyed Hibiki's whimpers at her defeat.

"I hate this game of emotions we play...." Hibiki whimpered out with her body and face on the floor.

Shido looked at her with a wry smile. "You were the one who challenged me to Uno."

"And I will defeat you one day! Vengeance will be mine Demon!" Hibiki face immediately shot up as she looked at him with a determined look.

Shido chuckled at her words due to some reference to a someone's name that started with an E and Hibiki thinking she could just beat him in Uno with her usual chances at winning against him aren't that great.

"Heh...you may try my dear sweet Hibiki-chan~ In the end, you will always fall against me." Shido smugly smirked at her.

Hibiki pouted at him. Annoyed at the mocking smugness he radiated at her.

"I'm home....." The sound of a door opening which was Yue's voice was heard by both of them.

"Welco-" Hibiki cut herself off as she turned to look at Yue. Shido and Hibiki both froze as they saw Yue.

Drip.... Drip....

Blood dripped from Yue's head. Her Astral Dress/Clothes were bloody and torn. Bloody wounds were visible from where her clothes were torn. There were also some cuts on her thighs.

"Yue!?" "Bloody fuck!?" Both Hibiki and Shido immediately bolted towards her in concern of her life.

________

Yue sat on the couch as the white haired blue eyed Quasi-Spirit sat next to her defensively. Yue's eyes then glanced at the only male who was looking at her with a frown but he was much calmer than the his fellow white haired friend.

"Hibiki-chan, Shido-kun, I'm fine..." Yue tried dismissing their worries of her health and safety. "My body will hesl itself once I recover enough Reiryoku in me."

Hibiki only frowned at her in worry.

"Listen I'm fine! This has happened plenty of times before I met you two! I was fine then, what's the difference on this day?"

Yue looked at Shido, pleading with her eyes to get Hibiki off from her. Shido sighed at her.

"Listen....I don't care if you get into life and death situations on your own." Shido said with a cold tone.