Chapter 13: Diner Talk

.

*sigh*

A sigh escaped Shido's lips as he sat at a table with Yue and Hibiki in a diner that existed in Malkuth.

Yue looked at Shido in curiosity and slight concern in her eyes while Hibiki merely stared blankly at Shido whom had his hood up and was staring at the diner window.

Shido ignored their looks at him as he continued to look out the diner window while deep in his thoughts.

"What now?" He thought as his thought voice had a tone of being lost, unsure what to do, tired.

"Mio is a world away. She's no longer something I have to deal with anymore...at least, not something I have to constantly worry about." While it is still possible that Mio can still show up here in the Neighboring World, the chances of such thing happening are slim to none.

"Huh....I Guess....I guess I'm safe from any danger Mio would bring at me. I never thought I'd see the day." Shido was in disbelief. He honestly couldn't believe he might be truly be safe away from Mio's obsessive yandere tendency for a dead guy.

"Still though, I know very little of the Neighboring World and most of my info on it has mostly been forgotten. No doubt this world is still dangerous if I don't treat it with caution." Shido thought as he tried to check his memory on anything he can remember of Date a Bullet from anime, wiki and fanfic.

"Let's see...if I remember correctly, White Queen, who is aka Inverse Kurumi Clone who is also actually Kurumi's deceased best friend. Her powers I don't remember. She's basically rip off Esdeath and is the big bad of this world if I remember correctly....best course of action, avoid her at all cost." Shido had no intention of fighting White Queen anytime soon or ever really.

"I need more info of this world. I got no powers. No useful gear. My information on this world in nonexistent. I'm in a world filled with nothing but girls. My only advantage, if I really call it that is that, is that I'm the only boy in this world which I can probably use to get me in a much more favorable position....just great, I'm back at day one for the second time with bad options once again....good fucking grief." Shido slumped in his seat as he sighed.

"Itsuka-san, are you okay?" Yue asked in concern for him.

"Hmm....I'm fine....just stressed out really." He really is. He had not just experienced death once, but now twice, but this time, he's in a world that he has almost no knowledge about which is stressing him out, and the possibility of dying thrice hanging over his head.

He pinched the bridge of his nose at just thinking about his possible third death.

"If it's not a bother, could you tell me what's stressing you?" Yue looked at him, ready to listen to his problems.

He thought about it and shrugged. He didn't see a reason on why he shouldn't tell her.

"Well...before I...well, got here. I was, in a way, a disposal tool for someones goal."

Yue raised an eyebrow in confusion at what he meant. "A tool?"

"By that, I mean I only exist to be used for something for someones gains, and in the process, I'll die." Shido slumped in his seat. Tired from the constant reminder of the real reason Shido Itsuka exists for.

Yue didn't know what to say. She had never met someone with this kind of situation before. Sure, the Quasi-Spirits that turned Empties are used as disposable tools for most of the Neighboring World, but they were willing to be a tool, Yue could clearly see Shido had no intention of doing so.

"So did you fight back?" Surprisingly, Hibiki asked.

"Heh...I wish, I couldn't win even if I tried....honestly, I did the only thing I could do, I ran." Shido stared at at Hibiki's souless yet curious eyes. Red met red as they stared at each other.