Chapter 5: The Birthday of Not Flame Spirit [Part 1]

.

"Today is the day....the very fateful day that Kotori will be a Spirit. The day when cannon Shido sealed her and sealed his fate as a harem protagonist." Shido thought as he thought back to his past life memories.

He thought back to the Date a Live wikies he had read. Every detail he could remember.

He once thought of writing what he knew of Date a Live in a book but then quickly denied such idea since the Itsuka family could read it and the Spirit, Nia Honjou would have no problem reading it through her angel, Rasiel.

He rather not have them question reality and have an existential crisis as he did once everything sunk in for himself.

"Focus. I can have one of those thoughts if I'm a writen character later...." The reincarnated thought as he focused in remembering the details of the anime world he was reincarnated in.

"If I remember correctly, Kotori was alone on this very day and cannon Shido left her in a park? Playground? Whatever, he left her alone so he could get her the two iconic black ribbons as gifts, due to this, Kotori cried due to being alone and then Mio came in and then turned her into a Spirit when she was alone." Shido mentally noted everything that he could remember.

"Alright....seems simple enough. Just spend time with my sister. Make sure she has a good or decent day for her birthday....shouldn't be too hard stay near her the entire day." Shido took a deep breath as he got out of his room to got himself ready for the day.

"....Hopefully, I don't screw this up."

_______

"Koto-chan, sorry, but were going to be very busy today with work. We're very sorry but I don't think we can celebrate your birthday today." Haruko Itsuka, the mother of the two kids apologized.

Next to her, her husband and the father of the two kids, Tatsuo Itsuka also looked apologetically towards Kotori.

The daughter of the Itsuka's looked distraught at this. "B-but...W-we will celebrate it right?"

"...."

"...I-it's fine, forget it. Your work must be very important." Kotori looked down, sad and disappointed that she was probably wasn't going to celebrate her birthday this year.

"...." Shido watched and listened with his arms crossed behind Kotori. He stared at Kotori as his mind starting thinking.

Thinking on how to make his sister's birthday as decent one without a proper birthday.

"Okay.....I have no fucking idea." Shido thought as he internally sighed.

He never bothered nor cared about his own birthdays, and would attend the birthdays of his past and present family members because he was dragged into it. He would attend if he was invited, but he will never host anyone's birthdays, not his own, not anyone elses.

"Shi-kun, make sure to look after your sister." Haruko said as she looked at Shido who nodded an hummed in agreement.

The two siblings watched as the door closed as their parents left for their work.

There was a silence between the two siblings before ultimately Shido decided to break it.

"So....what do you wanna do for your birthday?" Kotori looked at her brother oddly.

"Onii-chan...?" It was very weird for Kotori to hear such words from someone like her brother. She knew what he was like.

Her Onii-chan was uncaring to mostly everything around him, even to what she does most of the time. Sure, there were times they would bond as sinblings and he would do some nice things for her time to time, but that became less and less to happen as she grew older over the years. At some point, he stopped doing anything unconventionally nice for her.

So hearing he was asking what she wanted to do today was very odd for her.

It felt very weird....and she couldn't tell if was good weird or just weird weird.

"....What?" Shido raised an eyebrow as Kotori stared at him with a confused look on her face.

"Onii-chan....why are you doing something nice for me?"

Shido blinked as he did a double take at her question.

"....Am I not allowed to do something nice as your older sibling?" Shido was genuinely confused at this. He expected her to react like the classic anime little sister would.

Hyperactive, bubbly, happy.

Not....uncomfortably weirded out.

"No, but when you do it, it is weird." Shido sighed at this, he understood what Kotori was saying here. He had enough experience with his past siblings to know why Kotori was acting like this instead of what Cannon Kotori would act in this age and situation.

Unlike Cannon Kotori who lived with Cannon Shido who would spoil Kotori to no end and would never so much as think of using physical violence against her.

His Kotori grew up with him. A person who was not even remotely close to someone like the real Shido Itsuka. A person who was about to get his first real job and suffer to responsibilities of adulthood.

The Kotori Itsuka of this world grew up under the influence of someone who was not the overly good Onii-chan, but grew up with the Onii-chan who has no qualms of using physical violence if she did piss him off.

Granted, he did not abused Kotori with physical violence nor verbally abused her. He just used enough of both that it wasn't going too far for a kid who did not understand the world around her yet.

And yes, he has dotted on her when she was younger, he liked dotting on kids, but nowadays he has reduced the dotting over time as she grew up.

"My existence is making her less like her Cannon." Shido thought. It shouldn't be to much of a surprise to him as he knew she was not going to be 100% like her Cannon-self, but it was still weird to see her act differently.

Anyways, Shido pushed away his thoughts as he looked at Kotori. "....That was hurtful. So much for being nice to you."

Shido walked away from Kotori who was now frozen still in shock at what just happened.

"Wait Onii-chan!?" Kotori's brain then realized she might have just rejected what was potentially her birthday by her Onii-chan and not her parents.

"Onii-chan is throwing me a birthday..." Kotori thought.

Her brother who has never once ever been interested in throwing a birthday party nor bothered to even think of giving a birthday present, is probably trying to give her a birthday....party?

"This is going to be my worst birthday ever." Kotori thought yet her legs still ran after her brother.

___End Chapter___

Here we go, part one of Kotori's birthday in which she was tricked into turned into a Spirit.

I thought of doing the entire thing in one long chapter but decided to split it and keep it short.

Hope you enjoyed.