Chapter 2: Wait, I'm a Harem Protagonist?

.

The reincarnated awoke in a bed with a white ceiling. "....am I dead again?" He thought.

"やあ、やっと目が覚めた." His amber eyes widened in surprised as he turned his head to his left to see a man wearing a white coat and a blue shirt sitting next to him.

The reincarnated tilted his head looking at him, getting an odd feeling at the Japanese words that were just said.

"I don't know why, but I feel like a meme was just made and I had failed to repond to it." The reincarnated thought as he stared at who he assumed was a doctor.

The doctor tried to converse with the reincarnated but due to the language barrier, anything the doctor said was just gibberish to the boy.

"This is getting annoying." The reincarnated thought.

"Speak English." The doctor looked at the boy in surprised.

"You...don't know Japanese...at all?" The doctor asked as the boy nodded and hummed in confirmation.

"Huh, that is quite surprising." The doctor thought as he stared at the boy.

"There are absolutely no records on this boy's birth or relatives anywhere in Japan. He's a complete blank slate." The doctor thought as he was curious on who gave birth to the boy, but then shrugged the thought away since he will probably never figure that out.

The doctor continued to observe the nameless four year old boy laying and relaxing on the hospital bed with a neutral expression.

"....do you have a name?" The doctor asked as the boy's amber eyes turned to glance at him.

"No...does the government know my name?" The boy replied as the doctor squinted his eyes at the boy and was a bid dumbfounded at the reply.

"...no." The doctor replied as he continued to stare at the boy.

"Who taught you english?" The doctor was quite curious about this. Why does a japanese boy that is probably born in Japan know english but not japanese. And if someone taught the boy english, why? It was just stupid to teach a boy english first but not a single bit of japanese.

"...." The reincarnated was silent for a moment since he needed to think of an answer for this.

"....I....don't know. I just know english." He replied as thoughts ran through his head. "God, bloody hell...I hate talking to people."

The doctor nodded as he looked at the boy weirdly. "He seems smart...too smart for a four year old that is supposedly an orphan." Thought the doctor.

".....orphanage?" The reincarnated asked the doctor.

"Huh?....no....you're getting adopted." The doctor replied.

The reincarnated looked at him confusingly. Who would adopt him?

_________

Shido Itsuka. The protagonist of the anime Date A Live who would go on dates to seduce emotionally unstable girls who are ticking timebombs just waiting to go off, so he can seal their powers so the spirits can live normal lives.

Now, there on the couch of the home of the Itsuka residence, sat the reincarnated, who is now in the young body of Shido Itsuka.

His expression showed absolutely nothing. It was face that was completely blank of any emotion or reaction towards the environment around him.

His thoughts however where the polar opposite of his outside reaction.

"I'm not kissing my sister. I refuse to involve myself with the plot. I am NOT a believer of the power of love!" The reincarnated or now, Shido Itsuka thought.