The Last Straw-2

POV: Arthur Leywin

"Sylvie!" I exclaimed as I Burst Stepped towards the dragon, "Where is Tess?"

She shivered a bit, as she turned around before lifting her wing. On her left leg lay a gunmetal grey-haired elf who was....drooling?

Ugh, greyer than morality, falling asleep now of all times? Still a crybaby Princess, but equipped with nukes.

"Hmm...ahhh! Art, you naughty little-" she groaned as she turned over. My lips twitched as I walked towards her, hands giddy. I reached my hand out till her silky smooth cheek rippled with my touch.

"Wake up, Princess!" I slapped her across her cheek, making her jump up and blink rapidly as she frowned, staring at me.

"Idiot," she muttered, "I am fine."

"....Tess...."

Our eyes connected, boring into each other. We stayed still, silence permeating the air. I couldn't think. I didn't know what I should do.

"Night..." she whispered. My heart fluttered as I stumbled onto my butt.

"Night?"

"Sorry, I am..tired," she muttered solemnly as she stumbled.

"You aren't going to die, are you?" I asked.

"Not yet..lemme lie..down..." she groaned as I gently picked her up from the side and headed to the next tree, "You are going to be alright," I whispered as I gently pecked her cheek to which she didn't react to but I swear I saw something red on her. As I felt her side, it felt a bit venous and rough but I didn't pay it any mind. I lay her down as I stroked her head.

"We are going to find Myre and regroup. Since all the hostile asuras are no more, you can relax here a bit. Plus, I believe that you have enough mana to take care of yourself?"I asked her to which she hummed.

"Cya!" I then mounted Sylvie before telling her to leave.

POV: Tessia Eralith

Thank god he didn't notice and the spell didn't wear off even when I slept.

I lifted my shirt to see the decay mana Agrona had left after Cecilia had sacrificed herself to leave this world along with Nico. As I removed my sound magic, I noticed that it has become suppressed....for now. Sylvie must have caught on. Well, I guess I could keep my promise with Arthur, no, Grey, hold on, Art sounds better.

After Cecliia's original memories were restored, she showed me her memories including her corrupted ones. From there, I understood why Arthur was called Grey by both her and Nico. The person he was back then was tragic and horrifying.

He was raised in an orphanage by a woman named Willbeck and treated her like a mother figure equivalent to aunt Alice. However after she was murdered, Art saw red and wanted nothing more than to find her killer. He vowed to become king so that he could reopen the investigation on her death. He was trained under a mentor going by the name Vera Warbridge. However, Vera soon tricked him into killing his best friend and putting his other friend into a cycle of depression, which made him lose all emotion. He had been trying to throw the incident behind him and forget it. After he came to this world, he slowly regained the ability to feel emotions, which explains why he sucked at them.

I felt a bit conflicted at first. I was mad, mad that he never told me. Regis later told me about how he told his parents about his secret before he went to Epheotus to train and how he and his father couldn't completely make up their differences after that incident. I realised that he was scared, scared that people might reject him out of disgust. I am not disgusted, I am just confused. I love him, but he's a complete internal mess, so am I. I want to talk to him about it, comfort him that it wasn't his fault that he was brought to this world, and that he truly had a peaceful shot at life. My chest ached as my heart stopped beating, wishing him nothing but goodness.

Wait a second...

I looked down at my chest and saw a hand gripping my heart. The hand squeezed it, making my head and neck tremble.

"You.." Kezess's voice echoed, "You should be dead, to safeguard this world," his hand trembled in an effort to remove it from my chest, yet it slumped along with my heart.

Sorry Art. The promise at the wall...I..couldn't keep it. I smiled, perhaps gone loony after all this chaos. I gripped Kezess's hand in an effort to remove it, but it didn't budge. I cannot heal. Goddammit! I wish I could use aether...

*

POV: Sylvie

"Sylvie!" Arth-,no, Papa roared as we flew in the air, "Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

"Mama will be fine," I protested, "I restricted the decay mana. Besides, no hostile asuras are alive now. We killed all of them-Windsom, the Maepillas, Lord Grandus, Grandfather.." I gritted my teeth, remembering my grandfather who was the sole cause of this tragic war.

"Does it matter?" Grandma sighed, "She's strong so she can defend herself. Besides you have me and Sylvie if she gets hurt," I smiled, internally thanking Grandma for helping me. No other words were spoken as we flew down. However, as soon as we reached the tree, I roared as a gruesome sight awaited me.

Mama...her heart was...

This is all my fault. First Reynolds, then Ellie, now her...

Papa, I was a fool.

I heard trees breaking as he moaned, "Not...strong enough...."

My eyes watered up and everything was a blur. A red figure dashed for mama, trying to move her. I could barely hear the words :"...ess! Don't...this isn't funny."

No!

Papa! Please, it hurts inside as well.

I heard trees breaking as he moaned, "Not...strong enough...."

"Papa! No!" I roared as I went on my knees and began sobbing as a roar echoed in my ears. I bellowed alongside before everything became purple.

Papa is dead. He has become morality itself.

{Note: If you ask where Regis is, he sacrificed himself earlier.}

Anywhore, guess what the next oneshot is?

Comment if y'all had a problem with the story.

Cya!