Chapter Six: I Hate This Already.

↜[Sasuke]↝

[Sasuke]

"Karin, is this necessary?" She's been on a call with me all morning because she wanted to make sure I didn't fuck up my first day. She's doing way too much, in my opinion. We already went over the plan yesterday. I know what I, unfortunately, need to do.

"There's a piece sticking out that you missed." She pointed out, referring to my hair. I turned slightly to find the spot she was talking about and fixed it.

"Anything else?" I asked with a sarcastic smile.

"Yeah, fix the attitude. I'm not missing first period for someone to be bitching this early in the morning."

"I never asked you to do this, Karin." I reminded.

"I know, but I'm your best friend, so I'm doing this because I know your bitch ass is going to thank me later."

I huffed. "Okay Karin." I droned as I checked out my face in the mirror. I look... decent? Right?

"Karin, how do I look?"

"Way too good for Naruto." She remarked.

My mouth hung open slightly, and my eyes narrowed at her as I literally didn't know what to say.

She rolled her eyes. "Sasuke, you look great. You're going to be the hottest guy at this school."

"You have way too much confidence in me."

"You don't have enough confidence. That would be too powerful, though. I think it's a good nerf that you're not cocky about your looks."

I'm just going to ignore those compliments. I don't know how to react to them. It's just weird. I tuned out Karin's rambling as I finished moisturizing my face and checked my outfit. I had a long-sleeved shirt under the hoodie to ensure my arms were still hidden, even if my hoodie slipped up.

I pulled down on the long-sleeved and stretched it as far down as I could till it was touching the start of my palm. I grimaced, remembering that I caved into self-harming again. It felt so good for those few seconds, but these past few days, I've hated myself, feeling the newly opened scabs running against the fabric of my sweatshirts and hoodies. I can feel it now, pressed against this cotton shirt. Showering with the water and soap getting into the pulled-up skin stings like hell. I guess it's a punishment, but it's never stopped me.

Should I just keep going? I've done it for years... I just wasted those months where I didn't pick. Maybe I-.

"Hey, you good?" Karin asked, worriedly looking at me.

"Yeah, the fabric is just a little itchy."

"Oh, okay. Is it new?"

"Pretty sure, or I just haven't worn it in a while."

"I understand, it's annoying when that happens, but it'll go away." Her eyes had a little sparkle in them as she looked me up and down and had a slight smile on her face, showing a few teeth. "I think you're ready!" She exclaimed excitedly.