12 - boyfriends not rivals

"The youngest Choi, your father wants to meet you in his office." A maid made his way into the young master's bedroom. Beomgyu looked at the doorway and nod at the servant, she bowed her head before going out of the red hair's bedroom.

'what is it this time?' he asked in his thought before turning off the lampshade on his study table and cleaned up the scattered reviewers and piled it up in a sequence. He walked out of his bedroom and travelled the corridors through his father's office. He even bumped into his brother but the bluenette just ignored him, in which he answered with a scoff.

He finally arrived in front of his father's door, standing, and contemplating in entering. He had a deep sigh before twisting the doorknob revealing his intimidating father, sitting on his swivel chair with his tuxedo, and pair of glasses, holding papers, which he's focused into. Beomgyu made a small cough noise to get the man's attention and he successfully caught it. The red hair bowed his head and greeted his father.

"I was called by you, what is it?" Beomgyu asked, the Old Choi put down the papers he was holding and took off his glasses before finally focusing on the youngest of the family. Beomgyu's heart raced, he knew that it is either he'll be scolded or will be given a task. He won't know unless his father will talk.

"I heard from the board of trustees that tomorrow will be your midterm examination." Mr. Choi asked. The son nodded while looking at this feet, not wanting to meet his father's gazes.

"Okay, I hope you took the first spot this time." His father continued, Beomgyu pursed his lips.

"Is that it? Can I go back to my room, so that I can study?" The youngest finally uttered words, and looked at his father now resting his back on his swivel chair.

"I also heard that you're dating the Kang's heir. What bullshit is that? You can't date a rival, son. You're just making yourself dumb, being with the rank one who's always making you second in everything. Such a shame." His father muttered. Beomgyu's hand curled into fist.

"I was just playing with him." He answered. The old man's side lips rose into a smirk. Seemed satisfied with what he has heard.

"Really? Well that's great, keep it up, son." Beomgyu was taken aback. He searched for any joke on his father's face but only satisfaction and excitement was written on his face.

"Y—you're okay with it?" Beomgyu asked confusedly. Mr. Choi laughed and nod his head.

"Oh yes, as long as you're not gonna lose at the game you created. Playing with the Kang's only kid's heart and breaking it into pieces will be such a satisfying thing to happen." His father answered while laughing maniacally.

'That is how much he hates the Kangs?' he thought, but was delighted by his father's reaction to it. For the first time, the old Choi supported his doings. It just made him determined in making the younger fall for him and break his heart like how their bet was running, and to get so much money and property.

"I will let you know if that happens." Beomgyu said. His father gave him a smugly smile.

"Sure, son. Now go, and study in your room. Don't disappoint me this time." Mr. Choi remarked. The red hair bowed at him and got out of the room smiling. He walked back to the room and continued studying with determination in hopes of acing the exam this time.