sunday morning

╰┈➤ joshua 

"can you please stop singing that song?" y/n said to her bestfriend, sofia who is currently obsessed with the song 'sunday morning' by maroon five.

"no, i won't." she replied.

y/n rolled her eyes at her. "i refuse to believe that you are vernon's sister, i mean he is very calm and kind, for you? just annoying." she said.

"whatever, i don't care." sofia said giggling.

"why are you laughing?" y/n asked.

"nothing, just- stop talking about my brother. i know you like him."

"no! what nonsense are you saying?"

"whatever."

"also, why are you so obsessed with that song?" y/n asked.

"no reason. just, that day, i once followed my brother to the karaoke place with his friends, so, when i got from the counter to give their drinks and told my brother to get home early, i heard one of his friends sang that song, but i don't know who because someone called me right after that."

"so.. you've got a new crush?"

"ew, no! my brother won't let me. also, you know i have a boyfriend, right?" and y/n nodded.

suddenly, someone entered their classroom. it was vernon, with a girl.

"why are you guys still here? let's go out." he said.

"out to where?" y/n asked.

"we have a festival today, you forgot? let's watch some of their performance, my friends are there too." he replied.

"who's that girl with you?" sofia interrupted.

vernon looked at the girl and smiled at her before he turned again to face y/n and sofia.

"introducing, my girlfriend." he stated.

"oh." y/n said, forcing a smile.

"congratulation, then." she continued.

"thank you, let's go." vernon replied, stepping out of the classroom.

y/n was too shocked with the news from vernon but she wasn't that sad cause she only had a small crush on him, not more than that.

she then looked at sofia, and sofia is watching her with a concerned eyes.

"what? let's go," she said, pulling her arms.

"are you sure you're okay?" sofia asked as soon as they sat next to each other at the most back place infront of the stage.

y/n took a glance on vernon and his girlfriend infront of them, making sure they weren't listening to them.

"i'm okay, sofia. why are you so worried?" she replied.

"i know you like-"

"shh, the show is starting." she cutted sofia's sentence.

then, their eyes were focused on the stage, revealing a handsome guy with his guitar. y/n furrowed her eyebrows, thinking the reason why she haven't seen that guy before.

after that, the guy started to play his guitar and sang 'sunday morning'.

"oh, it's him." sofia stated.

"what? who?" y/n asked.

"he's the one." sofia replied.

and after that, the song has finished and all of the students were clapping for him.

"you know that guy?" y/n asked.

"yeah, he's my brother's friend. joshua, one of our senior."

y/n nodded. "i see,"

"i heard that you were saying my name?" said a voice from behind.

y/n turned around to see the joshua guy were already standing infront of her.

"joshua.." sofia said.

"my brother is.. um.. i don't know where he is. he was here just now, with his girlfriend." she continued.

"ohh, i see. it's okay."

"and, you.. what's your name?" he asked.

"who? me?" y/n pointed at herself.

"yeah, don't you think it's unfair when you already know my name and i don't know yours?"

"uh.. i'll go first, y/n. bye." sofia excuses herself receiving a whispered 'fuck you' from y/n.

"fast, your name." joshua said.

"y/n."

"your phone number?" he asked again.

"i'm sorry? what?" she replied, confused.

"tell me."

"why would i?"

"are you from the same class as sofia?" joshua added, taking out his phone.

"yes, so..?"

"good."

"what are you doing with your phone?" she furrowed her eyebrows.

"now, give me your phone number."

"huh? there's no reason-"

"you know that program which every junior students will have to be partnered with a senior for a maths quiz, right? i've registered our names together, so, now i have a reason to get your phone number."