The Princess and the Queen (2)

While the boys were in the training yard, Rhaella went to see her dragon, Viserion. The large cream and gold dragon was large, but not to large to not fit in the dragon pit. Rhaella had tried to make it so he wouldn't have to be there, she begged and pleaded for hours but the final decision was made that he would have too. She didn't like it, she wanted him to be able to be free, like the wild dragons.

She walked into the caves, "Viserion?"

A low grumbling came from behind her making her turn, there he stood, he had the largest area in the pit because he was so large.

Rhaella letting out a light laugh, running her hand over his snout, "There you are."

His blue eyes looked back at her, "I'm sorry it has been so long. Mother has me on a tight leash. I do miss you though."

Viserion let out a grumble as if he agreed. Rhaella know he understood everything she said, he was a smart dragon.

"Princess!"

She sighed as she heard guards calling for her from above. Viserion let out an angry screech, he was happy she had come to see him but she was having to leave so fast.

"I will see you soon," she smiled at him before turning around and leaving.

~~~~~~~~~~

The guards had taken her back to the Keep and to the training yard where she sat on the balcony above with her father. Normally parents never have favorites but out of his children with Alicent, Rhaella was his favorite. Sure no one could compete with the love he had for Rhaenyra, his first born daughter with his first Queen, Aemma Arryn.

"Ah, Rhaella, how is Viserion doing?"

"He's quite well. I still believe he's getting used to the dragon pit though, he's been a little stand offish," Rhaella shook her head with a smile, "But then again, he's always been quite stand offish."

"That he has, sweetheart," Rhaella gave her father a bright smile before watching the boys. She could tell that Aegon and Aemond were more skilled than Jacaerys and Lucerys.

By the end of the training secession, Ser Harwin had to be dragged off Ser Criston after he accused him of being Jacaerys, Lucerys and Joffery's real father. Though it wasn't much of an accusation, most people could tell, the boys showed no signs of Velaryon blood. They didn't have the sliver-blonde hair and the darker skin of their father. They had paler skin and dark brown hair. Anyone with eyes could tell they were not Ser Laenor Velaryon's children, well except her father.

Despite the whispers about the boys parentage, Rhaella was still very fond of the boys. She adored them very much, much to her mother and two brothers dismay, but she didn't care what they thought. Plus, Lucerys was to be her husband one day, she would be the future 'Lady of Dirftmark', whether her mother liked it or not.

She had, had that conversation with her mother to many time always saying the same thing.

'I am marrying Lucerys mother, the quicker you can understand this and be happy for me, would be greatly appreciated.'

One thing that all the siblings shared was that their parents did love them, but it didn't feel like they fully did, not like their father loved Rhaenyra. Rhaella had come to peace that she would never have a parents love like that, but her older half-sister had taken care of her. She had made the youngest Targaryen Princess feel loved, which she would be forever grateful for.