The Lord of the Tides (1)

It had been six years since that night on Driftmark. Over those six years, Lucerys and Rhaella got wed when they turned, three and ten and four and teen, Rhaella was older by one year. Now Lucerys was four and ten and Rhaella was five and ten, the young royals already have twins, Alysanne and Rhaegar. Rhaegar took after his mother having the Targaryen sliver blonde hair and light violet eyes, which were rarer now then the were back in the days of Old Valyria. Alysanne took after Lucerys, she had brown locks upon her head and blue eyes. They had the twins fairly soon after they were wed, now expecting another.

They had placed dragon eggs from Syrax into their cradle when they were born, both had hatched a few weeks later. Rhaegar's dragon was the color of Belarion the Black Dread himself, the color of coal with red eyes. Alysanne's dragon was a white she-dragon the color of snow. They would have no names till their children could names them themselves. But they were beautiful creatures, much like the twins they stayed together.

Yes, they were very active for a young couple, but they loved each other and since that night on Driftmark, they would do anything for one another.

"Luke!" Rhaella called out as she struggled with her dress, she refused to have Ladies in Waiting, even though she was a Princess. She didn't want to hear gossip or anything alike it, she didn't need it, she had enough going on as it where. The twins where playing around in their crib giggling and laughing.

Lucerys rushed in, "What is it? Are you okay?"

Rhaella looked at him through the mirror with a raised brow, "I need your help with my dress. I can't seem to do anything these days." She had muttered the last part to herself as he walked over, he shook his head and chuckled.

"You do plenty, Rhae," Lucerys smiled softly at her in the mirror as he looked down and started tying up her dress. She watched him through the mirror, she smiled lightly as he looked concentrated. When he was done he looked back up, "What are you smiling about?" He placed his hands on her waste.

She turned in his hold, her arms resting on his shoulders, hands playing with the hair on the back of his neck, "Think about how I got as lucky as I did with you."

"I should be saying that, Rhae," Lucerys let out a content sigh as she played with the hair on the back of his neck.

"Papa!"
"Mama!"

Lucerys and Rhaella turned at the sound of the twins voices, slowly, eyes wide. The twins spoke their first words that day.

"Luke... did they just?"

"Yes."

They rushed over to the twins, Lucerys picked up Rhaegar and Rhaella picked up Alysanne, spinning them around.

"That's right, my loves," Rhaella cooed at the babes.

The twins giggled, gleefully. A knock sounded at the door, confused Rhaella called, "Come in."

Rhaenyra walked through the doors, a solemn look on her face. Lucerys and Rhaella placed the twins back in their crib before walking to Rhaenyra.

"What is wrong, Mother?" Lucerys asked, concerned.

"Start packing we are leaving for Kingslanding," Rhaenyra informed them.