The Lord of the Tides (3)

They were all in the dining area together, Greens and Blacks alike. Rhaenyra, Daemon, his daughter's and her family sat to the left of the Kings empty spot. Alicent, Otto, Helaena, Aegon and Aemond sat on the right of the Kings empty spot.

Rhaella had left the twins with the wet nurses, even though she did not like the idea of it. She did not like being separated from Alysanne and Rhaegar for long.

Jacaerys, Baela and Rhaena sat across from, Rhaenyra and Daemon, Lucerys and Rhaella sitting at the end of the table across from Aemond. Helaena and Aegon were across from their grandfather and mother.

She could feel the eyes of her family as she and Lucerys talked to each other in whispers. The tension in the room was thick enough to be cut through by a sword. Rhaella never spared her family a glance as she whispered with her nephew-husband.

Everyone stood when guards carried the King into the room, placing him between Alicent and Rhaenyra. Everyone sat as his chair was placed down, "How good it is... to see you all tonight... together."

"Prayer before we begin?" Rhaella shared a look with Lucerys.

"Yes."

"May the mother smile down on this gathering with love. May the smith mend the bonds that have been broken for too long," Rhaella glanced at Aemond across the table with a raised brow, as his eye was closed as their mother prayed, "And to Vaemond Velaryon, may the gods give him rest."

Rhaella rolled her eyes as they caught Daemon's, she shrugged with a smirk on her face, one he replicated.

"This is an occasion for celebration, it seems. My grandson Jace will marry his cousin Baela, further strengthening the bond between our houses. A toast to the young Prince... and his betrothed."

Everyone raised their glasses, "Hear, hear!"

Rhaella glared at Aegon as he spoke to Jacaerys, "Well done, Jace. You'll finally get to lie with a woman." He added as he looked over at a pregnant Rhaella with Lucerys, "Even your younger brother has beat you to it."

"Aegon," Rhaella harshly whispered as Jacaerys angrily placed his glass down.

"Let us toast as well Prince Lucerys..." Rhaella smiled at Lucerys as the King spoke, "the future Lord of the Tides."

Everyone raised their glasses to Lucerys, "Hear, hear."

Rhaella kissed his cheek, making him flush red and smile at her, "I told you, you'll be great."Aemond watched the two as he took a drink from his glass.

Rhaella sighed irritatedly as she heard Aegon's voice again, trying to get a reaction from Jacaerys, "You do know how the act is done, I assume? At least in principle? Where to put your cock and all that."

"Let it be, cousin," Baela spoke up.

"Aegon, leave him be," Rhaella glared at her older brother.

"You can play the jester if you wish, but hold your tongue before my betrothed," Jacaerys whispered harshly back to the Targaryen boy.

"Mm-hm."

Rhaella watched with sad eyes as her father stood up, shakily and breathing heavily, "It both gladdens my heart and fills me with sorrow to see these faces around the table. The faces most dear to me in all the world... yet grown so distant from each other... in the years past." Rhaella took an intake of breath as her father took away the mask hiding half of his face. Just by looking at him, she could tell he didn't have long left before he was gone from this world. She knew he loved Rhaenyra best, but she still loved him. Now, he was dying and she wasn't by his side.