The Black Queen (2)

Lucerys' mother held a council in the painted table room of Dragon Stone. His wife still fighting the fever that tried to take her. The twins and the triplets got along, so it was easy for the wet nurses to take care of them, which he was grateful for.

They had been excused when, new of a ship bearing a three headed dragon was spotted on the shores of Dragon Stone.

Lucerys made his way to his and his wife's chambers. When he opened the door, he saw Rhaella shift slightly groaning. He rushed over kneeling down and taking her hand in his, "Rhaella?"

She slightly turned her head her eyes lidded, "Luke..." she took a breath, "the babes?"

Lucerys smiled at her warmly, "All healthy. Alysanne and Rhaegar are very fond of them, already."

"What did you name them?"

"The oldest, Laenys, our little girl I named, Visenya and the youngest, Daemion," Rhaella smiled at the names.

"What about your mother?"

Lucerys looked down, "She lost the babe. They crowned her Queen."

"And Aegon is crowned King... Luke, we have to be more careful now. If I know my brother, he has my grandfather whispering in his ear," Rhaella groaned as she tried to sit up. Lucerys quickly helped her and placed a pillow behind her to make it more comfortable.

"I'd be more worried about Daemon," he said, brushing hair from her face.

"What's he done?" Rhaella quickly asked.

Lucerys shook his head, "Nothing yet, but he's preparing for a War my mother doesn't want to wage, yet."

"Of course..." she sighed as she leaned her head back and closed her eyes for a moment, "Can I see them?"

"Of course," Lucerys nodded and got up, "I'll be right back."

A few moments later, Lucerys and a wet nurse came in with the babes and the twins. The twins brightened when they saw their mother and bounded over, "Mama!"

"Careful!" Lucerys scolded as he walked over carrying, Visenya and Daemion. The wet nurse carried Laenys.

"Oh, it's alright," Rhaella assured and placed kisses on each twins head, "Have you been looking after your new siblings?"

"Yes, Mama! We even found eggs for them," Rhaegar explained happily with Alysanne nodding.

"Oh, you will have to show me," Rhaella smiled at them, "Now, I'm going to meet your brother's and sister."

They moved to the side smiling brightly as their father sat on the bed and the wet nurse handed her, Laenys before leaving the room.

"Oh, look at you," she cooed gently as she looked at her children. They were beautiful and she would love them, even in death. She looked at Laenys, "This is..."

"Laenys."

"Ah, you will be strong and handsome," she glanced up at Lucerys, "Just like your father." She looked at the two Lucerys was holding, "You and your brothers will have to look out for Alysanne and Visenya." The babes cooed as they looked at her, "We might have to stop while we're ahead, we already have five and we're young still."