The Black Queen (1)

Rhaella had been ordered to remain in bed as she was close to her end of term. She was due any day now and she wished that it would happen sooner than later. She felt as bloated as an elephant. Her stomach was slightly larger than when she was pregnant with Alysanne and Rhaegar, her and Luke's two-year-old twins.

Today though she was summoned to the map room along with Daemon and Rhaenyra, Princess Rhaenys had arrived that day on her dragon, Meleys.

She knew that Lucerys had, had a conversation with his mother that morning. He was terrified to think about being The Lord of the Tides. He didn't feel suited to it, but if it was the last thing Rhaella did, it would be to help Lucerys see himself as she did.

Lucerys and Jacaerys had gone down to train on the beach, guards going with them. She stood to the right of her sister, her hand resting on her stomach. As Princess Rhaenys entered with, a guard, Ser Lorent, "The Princess Rhaenys Targaryen."

"Thank you, Ser Lorent," the knight bowed his head and moved to the side, "Princess Rhaenys...might we hope for news of Lord Corlys's recovery?"

"Viserys is dead," Rhaella stilled at her words, her eyes wide. Her father was dead? Why hadn't they heard of it? What happened? All the thoughts running in her head as she stared at the Queen Who Never Was, "I grieve his loss with you, Rhaenyra, Rhaella. My cousin, your father..." Daemon walked up to the left of Rhaenyra, "possessed a kind heart." Rhaenys walked closer to the two Targaryen girls, "There is more. Aegon has been crowned as his successor." Rhaenyra and Rhaella let out whimpers, both grieving and feeling something was wrong.

"They crowned him?" Rhaenyra questioned her voice full of emotions.

"How did Viserys die?" Daemon looked to Rhaenys.

"I could not say."

"How long ago?" Rhaella questioned urgently. She wanted answers.

"A day past, perhaps two," Rhaella grabbed onto the table for support as she whimpered again, "I was made a prisoner in my quarters while the Queen made her preparations."

Rhaella's head snapped up at the mention of her mother, did she do this? It's what her grandfather always wanted, Aegon to sit the Iron Throne. He would bring the Kingdoms to ruin, that much she knew, perhaps that is why they did not send word of his death. So they could sit her drunken brother on the Throne, instead of Rhaenyra.

"Viserys has been slain."

"Alicent demanded you declare for Aegon," Rhaenyra tears building in her eyes as she looked at Rhaenys.

"She did. I refused her."

"And yet you are alive," Daemon's words grew angrier by the second.

"The High Septon crowned Aegon in the Dragonpit. I witnessed it myself just before I fled on Meleys," Rhaenys informed the grieving daughter's and brother of the late King.

"They crowned him," Rhaella paused as she took a deep breath, the pain increasing, "before the masses."

"So that the masses would see them as their rightful King."

"That whore of a Queen murdered my brother and stole his Throne," Daemon growled out, "And you could have burned them all for it."