Chapter 25: The Royal Finale

I moved my head, groaning as I looked up in front of me. "Kaylin... are you there?" I heard Ben say and I opened my eyes finally to not see the blur. "Kaylin! Are you okay? One second your standing, next second you are passed out!" Ben grabbed my hand, gently pulling me. He moved my bangs out of my face and I looked around. "I think I used a lot of my energy to defeat Maleficent. I felt weak and shaky and I guess my body needed to rest for a few seconds." I told him and he pulled me closer. "Yeah, you used up a bunch of your magic as well. Your father gets tired after using his powers." Persephone said and I turned to her before we hugged. "Are you okay, Shawn? You also used your magic." She asked him. "I'm fine, you exerted more energy than I did." He came over and looked at me. "What about you? You took a hit." He told me and I smiled. "I'm doing much better," I said. "Well, as my first proclamation as king, I declare that instead of a party, you and I should rest," Ben said. "But you just became king! I can't take away your party!" I told him. "The only thing that matters to me right now is getting my girlfriend to her bed so she can sleep. I will come with you because I love you but I don't trust you to stay in your bed." I smiled and he pulled me close. "Do you guys need anything?" Jay asked. "Nope, you enjoy the party. Kaylin and I need some well-needed rest." Ben said and I giggled. We climbed into the limousine before heading inside. I leaned my head against his shoulder and he sighed. "Is everything alright?" I asked, looking up at him. "I just got so worried when you went onto the ground. You weren't responding, I didn't know what was wrong with you." He said and I turned, cupping his cheek into my hand. "Hey, I'm alright now," I said and he smiled.

"I'm still worried about you." He said and I smiled. "I am so glad to have you as my protective boyfriend." I teased and he chuckled before we cuddled again. We finally got back to his castle and we headed to his bedroom. Since I had stayed the night, I had brought some of my clothes over to the castle. We both changed into our pajamas before snuggling up close. I leaned my head against his chest and a while later, I could feel myself drifting off to sleep. "I love you, Kaylin Underworld." I heard him say. "I love you, Benjamin Beast." I closed my eyes, finally resting. I got my Enchanted Wish, to be in Auradon and to fall in love. But I couldn't help but ask....

You didn't think this was the end of the story, did you?