Chapter 20. Family Day

(A/N: Y'all remember Queen Leah? Well, just wait to see what happens with her)

"Ma Cherie Mademoiselle. We welcome you tonight with the deepest pride and greatest pleasure. And now, we invite you to relax, let us pull up a chair as the dining room proudly presents - Your dinner!" Ben said and the choir behind him started singing. I noticed multiple parents of my friends were standing together and I looked at Yareli who smiled. Gizmo stood close to my feet and looked up at me. We walked down the stairs as Ben and the choir started finishing up. We walked over to the fountain and I grabbed one of the cookies from my date with Ben. I took a bite and they finished making everyone clap. Ben walked over to the girl with a wheelchair and kissed the top of her hand making me smile. Carlos handed Dude the dog to me and I held him to me. "Hey, puppy." Yareli petted his head and Dude started wagging his tail. One of the students was trying to use the fountain but the boys were hogging it. "There's a fountain right over here," I whispered to the other boy and he nodded before walking over. "Boys. Stop it, we are at an event." Shawn handed them napkins and grabbed a plate before handing the plates to them. Evie grabbed a small bowl full of chocolate for each of them and grabbed some utensils.

I noticed Ben and his parents walk over to the photographer. I then looked behind me and saw Nathan come over to Mal. "When did this happen, M?" Evie asked her. "Shortly after Ben and Kaylin's date. I and N are having ours soon." Mal giggled and Nathan kissed her head. "Want to meet my parents?" He asked her. "What about me being Maleficent's daughter?" She asked him and he shook his head. "They understand that you are not your mother. Now come on, Mama's been dying to meet you." He told her and they walked over to his family. I then looked around and saw Persephone with her family!! "Mom!" I said and she turned to me. "Oh, my children!" She held out her arms and both me and my brother rushed over. We both ran into her arms and hugged her tightly. "How are you both? I and your father have missed your faces." She said, kissing our heads. "How are you even here? You weren't at the conversation with Daddy." I said and she chuckled. "Please, dear, your little boyfriend helped bring me over to visit." She said and my mouth went open. "Hush, your father and I are fine with it. He seems to treat you like you are a queen and that makes your mother's heart happy." She said and I smiled. "Thanks, Mommy," I said and Shawn hugged her before they started talking. 

"Kaylin!" I heard Ben yell and Mom looked at me. "Go ahead, honey. Tell his parents I said hello." She said and I nodded before walking over. Ben then smiled for his picture just as I came over.  The photographer looked at the camera before walking away. "Kaylin? Kaylin." He said and I smiled as I walked closer. "I wanna introduce you to my parents." We both embraced before turning to his parents. We both held hands and I held his arm as I saw his parents smiling but I could tell they were fake... Do they not trust me with Ben? "This is Kaylin from the island. My girlfriend." Ben told them and I nodded. "Hi," Belle said and I smiled back. "Hi, it's so nice to meet you, your majesty," I told her. "No need to call me that." She said and I nodded before it went silent. "I was thinking that she could join us for lunch," Ben said. "Of... course. Any friend of Ben's..." Beast said and I could tell that he was starting to hate me. Why would they trust you? You from the Isle, daughter of the most villainous man to Auradon? Why would he like you? "Um, I came with my loved ones," I said and Ben smiled. "Well, you should invite them." We looked over to see the boys were using utensils, Evie was talking to my mother, Shawn was also talking to my mother, Mal was with Nathan, Gizmo was by Evie's side, and Yareli was with her grandmother. "Because the more the merrier," Belle told me and I nodded. "Uh, how about a game of croquet before lunch?" Beast asked me. "Of course," I said and Ben let go.

He fist-bumped into his Dad before turning to me and wrapping his arm around my shoulder. "Have you played before? No, you'll be fine." He said and we started playing the game. "Where did Yareli go?" I whispered to Ben. "She's hanging out with her grandmother and her cousins." He whispered back and I nodded. Gizmo was playing, running around with Dude and Carlos while Shawn was with Jay. "Grammy, come here!" I heard Audrey say and she walked over to me. "Audrey!" I said and we both hugged. "Kaylin, I would like you to meet someone. This is my grandmother, Queen Leah. Grammy, this is Kaylin, she is the daughter of Hades but the sweetest person you will ever meet." Audrey told her grandmother. "It's very nice to meet you, your majesty." I curtsied and she did the same. "It's nice to meet you as well, how is your father these days?" She asked me. "He is doing well from the last time my mother was there," I said and she smiled. She was about to open up her mouth again but someone was yelling. "HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT, BEN?!" It was Chad....? It went silent and we all looked. "You have been close to these VKs saying that they have changed but they haven't," Chad told him. "What exactly do you mean by that?" Ben asked him, frustratedly. 

"Jay enjoys hurting people, Shawn is a stealer, Evie's nothing but a gold digger, Carlos is a little scaredy cat who hates dogs, Mal has been nothing but herself, Yareli is nothing but a man stealer, and doesn't even get me started on your girlfriend." I felt the ends of my hair start to heat up and I rushed over. "That is enough!" I yelled and Ben looked at me. "Kaylin-" I glared and sighed. "Just please, Ben," I whispered and looked back at Chad. "You don't get to call my friends rude things, Chad." He laughed, taunting me. "What are you going to do? Burn me?" He asked and my hair started heating up even more. "You know, I've tried to be nice to you so many times but you keep brushing me off. Like I am the bad guy? Well, guess what? I'm not my father and my friends are not like their parents." I told him and he glared. "Then tell me why your friends are acting like their parents then. Explain." He said and I crossed my arms. "Let's see, maybe because our parents are really scary, we don't want to let them down, we don't want them to hurt us. I've tried to be the better person than my father, it does not fault that he's stuck on that wretched island." I said and he looked at Ben who was glaring as well. He looked back at me.

"Mal has lived with Maleficent who we all know is not very nice when she's mad at Aurora. What's safe to say that she doesn't want to hurt her daughter?" I looked at Mal who was against Nathan. "Jay likes to hurt people because he was taught that is the best way. What if he didn't defend himself against his father?" Jay looked at the ground and sighed. "Cruella De Vil used to trap Carlos in a closet full of bear traps, maybe his mother may have made him think that dogs were horrible," I said and Dude nuzzled against Carlos' chest. My hair was turning light blue and my eyes were getting darker. "The Evil Queen made Evie think she was royalty all of her life, of course, she loves gold but that doesn't make her a gold digger!" Evie looked at Doug who held her hand. "Yareli was the biggest female flirt on the Isle, of course, she is going to flirt all she can in Auradon. Maybe she wants to be loved." Yareli's nephews hugged her and she hugged them back. "I and my brother were taught how to steal. So yes, we are different." Shawn hugged my mother who looked proud of me. "What I am trying to say, Chad is that yes, we are like our parents. We are their children, we grew up around them." I said and he was silent. He then stomped away making everyone cheer for me loudly. "Kaylin-" was the last thing I heard before everything went black.