Chapter 4. Over The Bridge

"People used to cower at the mention of our names!" Maleficent grabbed her daughter's arm before bringing her over to the rectangular table where Mal sat down. I scooted closer to my brother and he glared at Maleficent for yelling too loud. "For twenty years, I have searched a way off this island. For twenty years, they have robbed us of our revenge. Revenge on Snow White and her horrible little men!" She pointed to Evil Queen who grimaced from her daughter pulling too hard on her eyebrow. "Revenge on Aladdin and his bloated Genie!" She pointed to Jafar who waved a spoon angrily around making his son have to calm his father down. "Revenge on that pesky emperor and his royal citizen!" She pointed to my godmother, Yzma, who slightly cackled. "Revenge on every sneaky dalmatian that escaped your clutches!" She pointed to Cruella who smiled and touched the stuffed dog on her shoulder. "Oh, but they didn't get Baby. They didn't get the... They didn't get the Baby!" She cackled and I rolled my eyes, Gizmo snuggling into my chest.

"And us, Maleficent and Hades. I will finally get my revenge on Sleeping Beauty & her relentless little prince while he will get his revenge on his nephew & his lovely little mortal wife. VILLAINS!" She yelled, making Shawn cover my ears. They all replied in unison. "Our time has come. EQ, Hades, give them their items." Maleficent said and my father pulled us to the side. "Volia." He said and held out two dark blue crystals. "Is this-" I got cut off. "My ember, yes. Before you were born and I found out that you were twins in your mother's womb, I had my brother split my ember in half so it's twin embers. It won't work here on the Isle but it will in Auradon. Reminds me of the days I was spreading evil and ruining so many lives. Now it's time for this to be yours and for you to make your memories. A reminder that if it gets wet, game over and it will only work if they're connected." My half of the ember was on a necklace while Shawn's half was attached to his glove. I let my father put on the necklace before we heard a horn. "Let's get this party started." My brother said, grabbing his bag before heading out. 

"Reminder, Kaylin. It's okay to be different, it's okay to be in love, and it's okay to be yourself. Don't let anyone change, especially Mal and her little gang. I am not making you steal the wand from Fairy Godmother since it's been your dream to go to Auradon ever since you were little. Just send me messages every once in a while, okay?" He said and I nodded before hugging him. He patted my head and I held Gizmo as we left the castle. Before my brother did the same, I climbed into the limousine and closed the door. We started driving off and I waved to my father making him wave back slightly. I sat in my spot and saw colorful pieces of shaped items. "Shawn, can you grab those button-shaped things?" I asked and he grabbed some before putting them in my hand and having a few himself. It was sweet and not bitter. "What are these?" I asked and grabbed a whole bag of them. "Kay, you have to try this!" My childhood best friend, Yareli, daughter of Yzma; said. "What are you three doing?" Mal asked. "Eating whatever these are called. They are allowed to do that." Shawn told her, slightly glaring. 

"Kaylin, can I put some blush on you?" Evie asked and I scooted closer as she brought out her dome-shaped brush with long, super-soft bristles. "Your eyebrows have a perfect arch and I can't get that with mine." She said as she put some blush on, starting by my ear and ending at a point below the outer corner of my eye. "I'm lucky I guess..." I mumbled. Gizmo was crunching on some peanut butter bone-shaped dog treats while laying across my lap. "Are you excited? You get to meet the guy you've had a crush on for almost 13 years now." Yareli bumped my shoulder and I turned a light pink. "Yareli, stop teasing her while I'm trying to put blush on. You know how hard it is to do that while someone is blushing!" Evie said, finally finishing. "Looks pretty, Eve," I said and side-hugged her. Carlos opened his mouth showing a mushed-up substance and I grimaced. "Look!" Evie said and we looked where she was seeing. "It's a trap!" We all screamed, huddling together as then a golden bridge appeared out of nowhere. "What just happened?" Carlos asked and they all looked around while my brother was rubbing my arm. "It must be magic." Evie happily said. "Kaylin, calm down. We're safe, nothing happened," Shawn said and I looked around. Gizmo nudged me with his head and I petted him gently. 

"Hey, did this little button just open up the magical barrier?" Yareli asked the driver. "No, this opened the magic barrier. That one opens my garage and this one-" He was cut off by the window thing. "Okay, nasty. I like that guy." Mal said and we kept going. "Here. Cookies and creme." Yareli handed me a light grayish substance in a bottle. I drank it and it was not spoiled milk! I smiled and leaned back as I kept drinking. I started hearing loud noises and looked around. "Oh no..." Shawn said, pulling me slightly closer. I covered my ears and shut my eyes as the noises were getting even louder as we got closer. "Shawn, Yareli," I said and they looked at me. Yareli put her hand on my knee and Gizmo snuggled up even closer. "We got you, it's alright." She said and Shawn kept holding me. We finally stopped and the boys fell out of the car.