Have You Ever Seen The Rain?

After a nice breakfast with the reconciled friend, she went to the sea. It is still the same, still beautiful. The vast sea and the warm water around her bare feet. Her short hair flowing with the gusts of wind along with the dancing of the coconut trees. She is pondering about her father's performance. That melody keeps going on her head ever since. Her mother usually plays it to her to put her to sleep when she was a kid. She knows that her mother made that song for him, to help him become inspired to create songs for an album. Sam doesn't know if his father genuinely cares for her mother. Ever since then, she started to question everything about her family and that angers her a lot.

"Sam?!" Her eyes widened and looked back. It's Lily, wearing a two-piece swimsuit and a shawl covering her shoulders. Not far behind was a van and the band members unloading their stuff. "What the hell are they doing here?!" She screamed internally, especially the fact that Alistair is even here!

"I didn't know you are here! I'm supposed to ask you to join us but you went out for breakfast with Trent." Lily said. "Seems like a date huh?" She sneered. Sam automatically rolled her eyes. "It's not like that, Lily." She laughed after. "I know. Just messing with you. What are you doing here?" Lily asked. "Just unwinding before the whole take off later." She answered. "What about you? How did you know this place?" She asked back. To be honest, this beach is pretty hidden from the main road. Locals only knew this place. "Oh, Al suggested this. He's been here before." Lily said. Okay, that was surprising for Sam, she thought only she and her mother knew about this place. "Which I forgot, Sam, join us later to a jam session. Al wanted you to join."

"No way. No fucking way. There's no way in hell I'm going to play with him." Is what she is supposed to answer but that will rub off the wrong way and you are a bad person if you made Lily upset. "Sure, Lily."

They stayed in an enclosed hut to wait the sun to settle down so they can enjoy the sea and have a little bonfire acoustic session. Sam noticed that Al still remains quiet the whole day. It's like he was in deep thought like her. "Sorry about that, Sam. Like I have said before, this place is special to Al. He said it's been years since his last visit here." She said while staring at the big waves of the sea a little far from them. "Why is that?" Sam asked, wanting to know more details about him. "If I could remember, this is where his wife said the big yes to him." She smiled. "Don't tell anyone though." She said, motioning a silence gesture. Sam didn't know about that. She didn't know about this is where her parents got engaged. "By the way, you helped us a lot there, Sam. We know it's your doing... About fixing Al's sound issue." She looked at Sam, with a smirk on her face. Sam jerked and is nervous that they have find it out. "You sure are a rebel, Sam. At least the concert went well, so Al just slide it out."

"Hey, guys! We got the guitars ready, let's go!" Rico shouted. Zack is starting the bonfire and Al started fingerpicking the strings, which was very unusual to Sam, as she is used seeing her father shred all the time. Lily and Sam walked towards them and Al offered the guitar to Sam once she is seated down. Sam looked at him, this is completely a different take from their previous meet. Al is neutral this time, she accepted the guitar and started fingerpicking as well. Al just stared at the young woman. He had seen... Or caught her perform using his guitar. Al remains silent as he is concentrating listening to Sam playing. Her playing has a hint of jazz in it, the impression he had that Sam is always into metal was changed.

She is pretty good though, minus the fact she just goes and play other people's guitars or tweak any equipment. Though, he had to be thankful to the latter. He had a feeling that this girl came from a family of musicians. She is able to shred and to do maintenance that well.

Rico came back with fresh fishes and some condiments to roast it in the bonfire. It was a calming session. They are surprised that Al is never this relaxed for a long time. Maybe the fact this place is very important to him. They remembered that he was so nervous in popping the big question to his fiancé, which is his wife now. He was so happy that time. They missed this chill down time. They did this a lot when they were just starting a band. Now, they are too busy to even hang out to places that they really wanted. At least for once, Al has peace ever since the whole tragedy happened. Sam seemed to know old songs, like thrice her age probably. "That's great, Sam!" Lily said. "Do you have any songs you play when you have bonfires like this?" Zack asked. Sam is delighted that the band wanted her to play more. "Well, my mother taught me this song way back." She said as she started to strum the guitar.

SamOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara