Chapter Twenty Three: Revealing the Truth

Start from the beginning

"Do I know you?" Lucy looked into the man's face, and thought for a fleeting moment that the man resembled her father.

"Lucy," he took her hands and wrapped her in a tight hug. "Lucy!" He started to sob and Lucy was uncomfortable. Who was this man that cried her name? He held her out at arm's length and stared at her. "Lucy, I am Lord Aetos of Fallor."

Without thinking, Lucy brought up her hand and punched his jaw. "Next one will be a stab to the chest," she threatened.

"But, Lucy," he protested.

"Lucy, dear," Marcus moved to her side and put a hand on her shoulder. "This is actually your father. Trust me." Lucy eyed him suspiciously, then her father. "The bird? Of Henry's? That was him. It was his blood that needed to be shed, not yours."

"Henry?" Lucy turned to the long haired man. She walked to him and hugged him. "Is Marcus telling the truth?" She spun on her heels. "What did my mother's name mean?" She threw the question at her father.

"It...it means..." He was at a loss for words.

"You are not my father!" Lucy lunged at Jasper, drew his sword and advanced on Aetos. "Lord Aetos knew that Alethea meant truth speaker. She was his Lady Alethea of Fallor, Teller of Truth. If you were Aetos, you would have known."

"But I am!" He held up his arms, scared of his daughter. "Lucy, what have you become? You are a lady."

"I am a girl, who lost her parents at the age of five. I saw them cut my father's stomach. I saw them kill my mother, and let the dogs have her. I saw it. They had large black horses, finest I have ever seen. I don't know why my parents were killed, but they were. And harshly."

She calmed down, but the sword stayed level at Lord Aetos's chest. "You are pretending to be Aetos. How did you know?" She leaned in to him and whispered, so that only he could hear. "How did you know of his fortunes?"

"What?" he mumbled. His eyes were curious. "I know of his treasures because I left them. Lucy, I am Lord Aetos."

She smirked. "This is the final question. Answer it wrong and I'll run this sword through your heart. Tell me, what is the Fallor heirloom?"

He looked at his hands, seeming to be ashamed of himself. "The Fallor heirloom is a single diamond, that is the size of my fist. It can do things. Things that are unimaginable. Through it you can see things." He stared into Lucy's eyes. She dropped the sword, and it clattered harshly on the ground.  He grinned. "You know now. I am truly Aetos."

"Father?" Lucy still doubted him. Too many harsh things had happened to her. She nodded and turned around. "If it is true," everyone sighed with frustration. "That he is Aetos, then Thanos must be notified immediately. Fetch Captain Lucas." Trace rushed out. She avoided everyone's gaze. The others mumbled, talking to the man who claimed to be her father. Could it be true? But how had he changed into an eagle? Why did Henry need his blood? What had happened in the thirteen years he was gone?

"What-is my service needed?" Lucas waltzed into the room, an air of confidence about him. "The servant Trace will not open his mouth."

"Captain Lucas." Lucy stepped in front of him. "As your commander, I order you to ride like the sun to Thanos. His brother is alive and here. Tell him to stop his chores and harvest. We will be well off without it. It is urgent that he come here soon. You have 10 days, Captain. Go." Lucas saluted, and left quickly, already barking orders to his personal servant.

"Now, for ten days must he wait in a cell." Lucy pointed to her father. His face was ashen with grief. How could his own daughter send him to the prison? And how did she become Commander? And so skilled with a sword?