season 4 chapter 6~ 11-06-1983?

Steve lets go of my waist putting on the jacket then grabbing my hand. "What are we waiting for let's go.", he says.

We start our walk to the Wheelers staying in the woods. Steve Eddie and I stay more in the back. "Eddie man I uh wanted to say thanks for saving my ass back there." "Shit you saved your own ass man. You and your girlfriend here. Not waisting a second after that thing dragged you here she dove right after you." Steve looks over at me. "Really?" I nod. "You made an oath to protect me but I made one to protect you too."

He squeezes my shoulder smiling at me.

"You two made some real metal moves.", Eddie says. "Thanks.", Steve replies. "Henderson told me you two were bad asses insisted in fact." "Mini Henderson? Dustin said that?" "Oh yeah shit the kid worships you dude. You have no idea it's kinda annoying." "Told you.", I nudge my boyfriend. "He talks about you too Cyndi." "Huh?" "Oh yeah you heard me. You're his hero." I smile to myself thinking about my brother calling me a hero.

"I don't know why I even care what that little shrimp thinks, but I guess I got a little jealous. Especially of you Steve. I guess I couldn't accept that fact that Steve Harrington was actually a good dude. Rich parents, popular, chicks love him. Not a douche? I expected him to worship Cyndi but you? No way man no way that's like flies in the face of all the laws in the universe and my own personal Munson doctrine . Still super jealous as hell by the way. Which is why I would've never jumped in that lake to save your ass not under any uh normal circumstances."

A branch snaps followed by growling in the distance making us all jump. "Nope outside of D&D I am no hero. I see danger and I just turn heel and run. Or at least that's what I've learned about myself this week." "Give yourself a break man." "The only reason I came in here was cause of these ladies. This one and those two came in straight after you. And as I said especially this one. Now I was too ashamed to be the one who stayed behind. If I were you I'd keep this girl forever. Cause that was as unambiguous a sign of true love as these cynical eyes have ever seen."

Another earthquake like rumble. "Shit!", I exclaim falling to the ground. "NANCY!", we hear Robin yell. "Where are you going?! Nancy!!" We take off running after her. We spot her house in the distance running to it. We walk into her house Steve shining his flashlight for us. Vines are everywhere "Might be time to get a maid Wheeler.",Robin says. "Come on I don't want to stay here longer than we have to." We follow Nancy upstairs. She gets in her closet pulling out a shoe box with heels. "Those aren't guns.", I say. "These heels are pointy but I was hoping for a deadly projectile." "I don't understand." "Maybe you left them somewhere else.", Eddie suggests. "There's a six year old in the house I know where I keep my guns...and also I threw these away years ago"  She looks down at a set of flashcards on the desk and starts looking through them.

"I get grades are important to you but perhaps studying can wait til we get out?" "These are from sophomore chemistry." "Didn't Steve help you with that class?" "Yeah..yeah and this wallpaper this is old wallpaper. And this mirror it went to a yard sale..and you...", she picks up a stuffed animal, "I gave you to cousin Joana two years ago." She picks up a journal. I look at the others in the room realizing Steve isn't here. I look around the room making sure he wasn't behind me. Assuming he's still looking around downstairs I turn back to the rest of them.

"What is it?", Eddie asks Nancy. "Nancy you're freaking me out.", Robin adds. "I think the reason my guns aren't here is because they don't exist yet." "They don't exist?" "This diary should be full of entries. It's not. The last entry is November 6th 1983." "That's when Will went missing. The day the gate opened.", I say. They all turn to me. "We're in the past."

"DUSTIN! DUSTIN!", we hear Steve yell. I run back downstairs to him. "DUSTIN CAN YOU HEAR ME DUSTIN! DU- HELLO? HELLO?!" "Maybe he really does have rabies.", Robin whispers. "STEVE!", I yell he turns to us shining his light. "He's here. Mini Henderson that little shit he's here he's like in the walls or something just listen...Dustin...DUSTIN! DUSTIN! CAN YOU HEAR ME?!" "That brings us to the question you first raised.", I hear my brothers voice. It's faint VERY faint..but he's still there. "If we can hear him..what if he can hear us too..." "Dustin!! Dustin!", we all yell. "Alright either this kid can't hear us or he's being a total douchebag."

"Will found a way.", Nancy says. "What?" "Will. He found a way to speak to Joyce through the lights." Nancy goes over to a lamp trying to turn it on. "Lights?" "Yeah." "Try the switch.", I say. Nothing again. Steve shines his flashlight at the chandelier. It starts sparkling. "Guys. You seeing this?" Everyone else looks at it. 

We all walk over to it. Nancy twirls her hand around in it. "Whoa." We all put our hands up to it. "It...tickles", Steve says. I snicker at him. "It kinda feels good.", Robin says. "Does anybody know morse code?", Nancy asks. "No.", Steve Robin and me say. "Wait does SOS count?", Eddie asks. We all turn to look at him. "Is that..Is that good?"

He starts his code. "It's working.", Robin says. We go back upstairs into Nancys bedroom. Steve shines the light for us. "Come on come on.", I mumble. We hear a faint voice belonging to Dustin. "Seeing this?" Nancy moves her hand around again. "We're not moving it but we're gonna unplug it stand by.", he says. The sparkles die out. "Try it now"  Nancy writes "hi" into the light. "That worked!" "YES YES!", we all exclaim. "Okay umm" She writes 'stuck' "Stuck!" "Yeah yeah we are." "You can't get back through Watergate?" "Huh?" "What the hells Watergate?" "Cause it's water and it's a gate.", Robin says. "Oh." Nancy writes 'guarded' "okay uh watergates guarded!" "Perfect!" "Yes!", I exclaim jumping slightly. Eddie applauds Dustin. "We think we have a theory that can help with that!" "Genius child.", Robin says. "We think Watergate isn't the only gate that there's a gate at every murder site." "Does anybody know what he's talking about?", Nancy asks. "Nope. No idea.", we say.

She writes a question mark. "Okay seriously?! How many times do I have to be right on the money before you guys just TRUST ME!?" "Jesus Christ this kid's gotta get his ego in check.", Steve says. "It's his tone right?", Eddie adds. Steve and I both nod. "I know.", he says. "Okay so how far's your trailer?", Nancy asks Eddie. "Seven miles." "Nancy I know your house here is like weirdly creepily frozen in time and shit, but haven't you guys always had bikes?" "Yeah. Yeah they have!", I exclaim running downstairs. We ride bike to Eddies house as fast as we can. We pass the Creel house where the red lightning has been coming from slowing down slightly before picking up speed again. "Right here!", Eddie says.

"That's gotta be a Guinness world record. Most miles traveled interdimensionally.", Robin says. Steve starts coughing. "Are you okay?" "Just inhaled a bunch of that crap.", he coughs again, "It's stuck in my throat." I pat his back in attempt to help him cough it up.

We walk into Eddies trailer looking up at the red ceiling. "Holy shit.", I whisper. "This is where Chrissy died...like right where she died", Eddie says. "I think theres something in there.", Robin says. Suddenly the gate breaks. We all scream jumping back Steve grabbing my waist pulling me close to him. We all exchange looks with each other looking back up. Steve lets go pushing me back behind him walking over to it slowly. We follow close behind. "No way.", he whispers. The kids on the other side. "Hi there!", my brother laughs. I laugh in relief. We're actually getting out of here. "Hey!", we say. "Holy shit this is trippy.", Robin says. "Tell me about it." "HAHA BADA BADA BOOM!!", my brother yells. Making me laugh again. "Bada bada boom."

"Okay so we need to get you guys out of here also Cyndi when we get home we're probably grounded or at least I am, but I'll explain later."

Dustin and Erica ties together a bunch of bed sheets while Lucas and Max lay a mattress down. It has a BUNCH of stains. "Those stains are uh I don't know what those stains are.", Eddie says. I cringe in disgust. When Dust and Erica finish they drop the 'rope' through. "Huh. cool.", I say. "Alright pull on it see if it holds!!", he yells. Robin pulls on it and it does. I smile.

"Guess I'm the guinea pig.", she says climbing up or down first. We all keep our hands out incase she falls. She climbs through landing on the mattress. Dustin pulls her up. "Alright I guess I'll go.", Eddie says climbing up next. Once he makes his way through Nancy climbs up next.

"Alright Cinderella you're up." I smile at him. "See you on the other side." "On the other side." He puts his hands down letting me step up from it. I pull myself up the rest of the way ready to fall on the mattress. But my body never hits it. I just keep falling.

AN- y'all probably already saw that coming but it's a look into Cyndi's past and Steve having a literal crisis over nancy here wouldn't really fit the plot now would it. hope you all are enjoying the story! lmk what you think!