season 1 chapter 1 ~the beginning

Something about Steve and I is we've always been best friends. Our moms met in high school and have been friends ever since. When they found out they were pregnant at the same time they made it a point for Steve and I to become best friends.

And we have.

We're practically inseparable. Everyone thinks we're dating, and no matter how much I wish it were true were nothing but friends. He's too busy with Nancy Wheeler to even have a thought of dating me.

I've always tried to be supportive of their relationship. Tommy and Carol not so much. They've been total douchebags this entire time.

When Nancy's friend Barb went missing nobody seemed to care. In all honesty I mean myself too. It's hard to believe anything you hear in this town.

Honestly I'm still convinced she's just begging for attention just because she's Nancy Wheeler.

However, even more went down when we caught Jonathan Byers stalking us and taking weird perverted pictures of Nancy. But Wheeler seemed to like it considering she kept spending more and more time with him.

"Look guys I just want to check on her.", Steve says getting out of his car and up to Nancy's window. "Awww is Steve worried about his girl.", Carol coos. "Knock it off guys.", I turn back to them and say. "Gosh you'd think out of anyone you'd be the one happy about their relationship breaking. You've been after Steve since forever.", Carol rolls her eyes. "I have not been after Steve. He's my best friend and has been since forever. And unlike you guys I'm actually worried about him."

Steve gets back in the car the street light shining you can see tears in his eyes. "Is she okay Stevie?", Tommy and Carol both say giggling. "She's with Jonathan Byers.", he says starting to drive away.

"I always knew she was a slut.", Tommy says. "Shut up back there.", I say.

Steve drops them both off at Tommy's and starts to drive again.

We pull up to my house and get out of the car.

"Moms working nightshift Dustin's at Mike's so we don't have to sneak in.", I say. He doesn't say anything. "Do you want anything to eat or drink? Mom made dumplings the other day." He shakes his head no.

We walk to the room and sit on my bed. "Am I really that bad of a boyfriend? I seriously thought Barb was fine she just missed one day. Now she's inviting Jonathan Byers into her room?"

More tears fall down his face. He's not sobbing or anything but it still breaks my heart seeing him so upset.

"Hey hey you're not a bad boyfriend. We all thought the same thing when Barb didn't show. And Jonathan Byers is a complete downgrade from THE Steve Harrington she's probably wanting him to take more creepy photos of her."

"Do you think I should confront her?", he asks. I shrug, "I mean it's best for you two to talk about it rather than just avoiding each other and pretending it never happened."

"Will you come with me when I do? You don't have to eavesdrop you can wait in the car and stuff I just want you there especially for after just incase we break up or something."

I smile at his rambling. "Yes, I'll come with you don't stress yourself out so much. As much as I love giving you relationship advice I think we're both exhausted." "Yeah you're right I can sleep on the couch unless you want the couch." "Steve, just stay here it's not like we haven't slept in the same bed before. Heck you lived here for a week." "I didn't know if it'd be weird." "Everyone in Hawkins knows we're best friends. This is probably the least they'd expect." He shrugs in agreement as we both get under my blankets.

"Cyndi?" "Hm?" "Thank you for always being here for me." I turn and face him. "I always will be.", I ruffle his hair as he pushes my hand away both of us start laughing. "Goodnight Henderson."

"Goodnight Harrington."

Authors note- i'm starting a steve harrington story. lmk what you guys think of the first chapter! xx