season 2 chapter 7~ near death experiences

Cyndi's pov- "I guess things went okay then huh?", I smile. "Better than that. I have you. I don't care if she likes it or not." I hug him tightly wrapping arms around his neck. He kisses the side of my head still holding me.

We watch the rest of them drive away leaving Steve and I with Max, Dustin, Lucas, and Mike who is teary eyed worried about El. I put my hand on his shoulder. "She'll be okay. She's fought worse remember?" He nods turning to go inside with the rest of us.

I stay in the living room for a second to make sure everyones okay. I notice Steve and Dustin aren't anywhere to be seen. Knowing both of them they're probably doing something stupid. I walk into the kitchen to see them shoving a demo dog in the fridge. "Ew ew ew.", I hear Steve grumble. I hold back my laugh.

I hear glass in the other room. "Hey hey whoa let me do that I don't want you guys getting hurt." "Cyndi it's just sweeping glass.", Lucas says. "I don't care I'm keeping you guys safe even if it's from a cut on the finger." Max rolls her eyes and hands me the dust pan. "Don't roll your eyes at me young lady.", I warn genuinely not meaning it. She sticks her tongue out at me. I do the same as we both start laughing.

Mike's still pacing the floor. I share a glance with Steve both of us feeling sorry for him. "Mike would you just stop already?", Lucas starts to snap. "You weren't in there okay Lucas? That lab is swarming with hundreds of those dogs." "Demo dogs!", Dustin yells from the kitchen. "The chief will take care of her." "Like she needs protection.", Max murmurs.

Steve starts talking. "Listen dude, a coach calls a play in a game bottom line, you execute it all right?" "Okay first of all this isn't some stupid sports game. AND SECOND we're not even in the game we're on the bench." "So my point is...right yeah we're on the bench so uh there's nothing we can do."

"That's not entirely true.", Dustin says, "I mean these demo dogs, they have a hive mind. When they ran away from the bus they were called away." "So if we get their attention.." "Maybe we can draw them from the lab." "Clear a path to the gate." "Yeah then we all die!", Steve says clearly not on board with the kids plan. Honestly I don't blame him this whole stop the demo dogs plan doesn't seem very promising. "Thats one point of view." "No, that's not a point of view man that's a fact." "I got it!", Mike exclaims running to the walls of Will's drawings. "This is where the chief dug his hole this is our way into the tunnel. So.. here right here this is like a hub. So you got all the tunnels feeding in here. Maybe if we set this thing on fire." "Oh yeah that's a no.", Steve declines. "The mind flayer would call away his army." "They'd all come to stop us." "Hey!", Steve raises his voice some. "We circle back to the exit." "Guys.", I say. "By the time they realize we're gone." "El would be at the gate." "HEY HEY HEY THIS IS NOT HAPPENING!", Steve yells. "But-" "No no no no no no buts. We promised we'd keep you sh!theads safe and that's exactly what we plan on doing. We're staying here ON THE BENCH and we're waiting for the starting team to do their job does everybody understand?"
"This isn't a stupid sports game." "I said does everybody understand that? I need a yes."

"Cyndi?", they all turn to me. "I'm with Steve on this one guys. This plan isn't very promising we can't just risk our lives right now." We hear an engine revving. All of us turn to look at window. Max runs closer to it. "It's my brother. He can't know I'm here. He'll kill me. He'll kill us."

Steve looks at me. "Billy?", he mouths. I nod. "Sh!t. Okay I'll take care of this stay inside all of you. AWAY from the windows.", Steve says going outside. Max practically clings to my side. "It'll be okay. Steve will take care of him.", I say. "No you don't know my brother he'll kill him." Her voice is shaky and scared. she wasnt the only one.

"Stay here okay. Your brother happens to have a crush on me. If any of us can get through to him it's me." I walk outside. "Am I dreaming or is that you Harrington?" "Yeah it's me don't cream your pants." "And who do we have here? Miss Cyndi Henderson." Steve whips his head around. "What are you doing? You're supposed to stay inside!" "Hate to break it to you Steve if any of us are gonna get through to this asshole it's gonna be me." Steve's nervous look at me switches when he turns to face Billy.