season 2 chapter 4~ hairspray and electricity

"So explain this again he was tiny?" "Yep. then he grew into what you guys saw earlier." Steve gets his bat out of the trunk of his car and goes to where Dustin trapped Dart.

"I don't hear anything.", he says approaching the cellar. "You seen me trap him in there." Steve hits his bat off the cellar a few times before facing Dustin with his flashlight. "Listen kid if this is some Halloween prank and you made this little robot lizard you're dead." "It's not." "Alright?" "It's not a prank get it out of my face." "You got a key to this thing?" Dustin throws him the keys.

"Let me see this.", Steve says taking the flashlight back from Dustin. Nothings there. "He must be further down there." Steve sighs and starts to walk down there.

"What are you doing?", I ask. "Somebody has to check it out." "This is crazy Dustin why is it always something to do with monsters with you?" "Shut up we have bigger problems here."

A few more seconds go by. "Steve? Steve what's going on down there?" Steve comes back into view again. "Get down here.", he says. Steve holds up a gooey like skin on his bat. "Ew.", I say. He points the flashlight towards a hole in wall. "Sh-" "Dustin." We all go over to it and look around to see it just gets deeper and deeper. "No way.", Dustins says. "Call one of your friends or something.", I say. "I've already tried that Cyndi." "Try again that was hours ago." "They won't pick up right now how about we all get some sleep and try again in the morning."

Steve and I take my room. I watch the window as Steve gets the bed ready. "Hey, it'll be okay." "What if he comes back? It ate Mews. It's only getting bigger what if it eats us too?" "It won't. I'll keep watch all night." "Steve no you need sleep too." "I'm not tired. Especially after seeing that skin that thing left." "Aww did little Stevie get a little queasy?", I tease. "It was gross.", he laughs. "Never said it wasn't."

I lay down facing him. He puts his arm over me. "Goodnight.", he says. "Goodnight."

Not much time later. I feel like I've barley even shut my eyes Dustin comes in. "WAKE UP!", he shouts. Both of us jolt awake. "What the hell man?!", Steve yells. "Get your lazy asses up and lets go.", he says pulling the covers off. "Go where?" Before we know it we're unloading buckets of meat out of Steves car. "So what's the plan exactly?", Steve asks. "Bait. Duh." We get in the car and drive ways off some. "Pull over here.", Dustin says. "What?" "PULL OVER HERE!" Steve pulls the car over and all of us get out of t he car and unload the bait buckets when we hear a muffled sound.

"Dustin! This is Lucas do you copy? Dustin!" "Well well well look who it is." "Sorry man my stupid sister turned it off." "Well when you were having sister problems Dart grew again, he escaped, and I'm pretty sure he's a baby demogorgon." "Wait what." "I'll explain later. Just meet me Cyndi and Steve at the old junkyard." "Cyndi and Steve?" "And bring your binoculars and wrist rocket." "Steve Harrington? AND YOUR SISTER?"

"Alright lets go.", Steve says. "Just be there stat over and out." After walking a while I take my headphones off to give my ears a small break when I hear Steve and Dustin talking.

"Alright so let me get this straight. You kept something you knew was probably dangerous in order to impress a girl who you just met?", Steve questions. "Alright that's grossly oversimplifying things." "I mean why would a girl like some nasty slug anyway. Cyndi's a girl she thought it was gross." "An inter-dimensional slug? Because it's awesome. And you know my sister she thinks everything is gross and creepy."

"Well even if this girl thought it was cool which she didn't I- I just I don't know I feel like you're trying way too hard."  "Not everyone can have your perfect hair alright?" "It's not about the hair man. The key with girls is just acting like you don't care." "Even if you do?" "Yeah exactly it drives them nuts."