season 2 chapter 5~ the mind flayer

We start walking again. Honestly I don't think any of us have a clue where we're going or even what we're really getting ourselves into. We just avoided death who knows what's coming next.

"You're positive that was Dart?", Lucas asks. "yes. He had the same yellow pattern on his butt.", Dustin replies. "Well he was tiny two days ago.", Max chimes in.

"Well, he's molted three ties already." "Malted?", Steve questions. "Molted. Shed his skin to make from for growth like hormones." "When's he gonna molt again?", Max asks. "It's gotta be soon. When he does he'll be fully grown or close to it. So will his friends." "Yeah and he's gonna eat a lot more than just cats. They already tried going after us.", I say.

"Wait a cat?", Lucas urges, "Dart ate a cat?" "No what? No." "What are you talking about? He ate Mews.", Steve says. "Mews? Who's Mews?", Max chimes again. "It's Dustin and Cyndi's cat." "Steve!" "I KNEW IT YOU KEPT HIM!", Lucas exclaims. "No! No. No I. No I..he missed me he wanted to come home." "Bullsh*t!" "I DIDN'T KNOW HE WAS A DEMOGORGON OKAY?" "Oh so now you admit it." "Guys who cares we have to go!" "I agree with Max standing here arguing about how my brother kept a baby demogorgon isn't going to get us anywhere." "But I care! You put the party in jeopardy! You broke the rule of law!" "Is this court or something?", Steve whispers to me. "SO DID YOU!" "What?" "You told a stranger the truth!" He flashes the flashlight at Max who scoffs. "A stranger?" "YOU WANTED TO TELL HER TOO!" "Yeah but I didn't Lucas okay? I DIDN'T TELL HER. We both broke the rule of law okay so we're even. We're even." "No we're not even don't even try that! Your stupid pet could have ate us for dinner!" "That wasnt my fault!"

We hear a screeching noise in the distance. Steve instinctively grabs my hand. "Guys?", he says. "He wasn't gonna eat us." "Oh so he was crawling to come say hello?" "GUYS!", Steve yells snapping their attention away from their little argument. He starts to walk towards the noise everyone else following minus Max.

"No no no! Hey guys why are you headed towards the sound?", Max exclaims but in a semi quiet manner. "Hello?! Helloooo" She finally catches up to all of us. "I don't see him.", Dustin says breaking the silence amongst all of us. Lucas uses his binoculars to try and get a better look.

"It's the lab.", he says, "they were going back home." We walk closer to the lab hoping to find something when we hear someone say hello. I feel my heart drop scared we're in trouble. But I kind of recognize the voice. They finally come into view.

"Steve?" "Nancy?" "Cyndi?" "Jonathan?"

"What are you guys doing here?", Nancy asks. "What are you all doing here?", Steve adds. "We're looking for Mike and Will." "They're not in there are they?", Dustin asks. "We're not sure." "Why?" The screeching continues. We all turn our heads in the direction it came from being the lab. A bunch more chatter continues. About Will and Mike. What's going on. When we last seen them.

"The powers back.", Nancy says. We run to the gate entrance to open it. Jonathan tries to open it but it doesn't work. "Let me try!", Dustin says. "No." "Let me try Jonathan!" Nothing. "Son of a b!tch you know what-"

Usually when Dustin swears I scold him, but right now we have way bigger problems than my brothers swearing mouth. After a few more minutes it opens.

"Hey I got it!", Dustin chuckles. We hear a scream. A familiar one. Jonathan and Nancy jump in his car and drive towards it leaving the rest of us waiting.

"Guys.", Max says. We hear horns honking. "Look out!", I say motioning for everyone to move. A police car stops. Hopper. "Let's go!", he says.

We all get in the car driving off quickly. We don't say anything for a few minutes mainly in shock of everything. I'm in Steve's lap since there's no room anywhere else.