season 2 chapter 1~ new kid in town

Last night Dustin and his friends went to the arcade. A usual event. Things haven't changed much in Hawkins. Minus the Byers being extra protective over Will. I worry about Dustin more now than ever. I let him do his own thing most of the time, but I still worry about him.

My moms taken extra shifts lately to help with money. She wont let me get a job until I'm out of school cause she says she doesn't want me to feel pressured to help.

Steve and I are obviously still best friends. I still have feelings for him only they've gotten way worse. and if he weren't dating Nancy I'd wonder if he did too.

The annual halloween party is coming up soon. Steve Nancy and I have already planned to go. The only one still needing convincing is Jonathan. I dig in my locker looking for a new pencil when someone grabs my waist. I let out a small scream whipping my head around to see Steve. "Gosh Steve you scared the crap out of me." "Sorry Cinderella. Have you seen the new kid?" "New kid?", I question. "New kid. Our age. Muscular. Blonde mullet." "Can't say I have it's only second period Steve you know I don't wake up until 3rd." He laughs, "stay away from him if you see him. I don't want you around him I don't trust him." "Awww is Stevie getting protective over little ole me. If I didn't know any better I would say that you're jealous." "What?! I don't get jealous. Why would I be jealous you can like whatever guy you want just not him." I roll my eyes. "Hey no eye rolls missy that's disrespectful." "Since when do you get to boss me around?" "Uh since forever I'm a month older remember." "I'm smarter than you." "I'm cooler." "I'm hotter."

"Can you two knock it off?", Nancy says walking over to us. Steve hesitates before placing a kiss to her lips. Why did he hesitate him and Nancy kiss all the time.

"I should be going I'll get detention if I'm late for Chem one more time this semester." "See ya Cinders." I give him the finger and continue to walk off when I bump into someone. "Hey!", I exclaim. "Hey beautiful." I instantly cringe hearing that. "Billy Hargrove." "Cyndi Henderson." "You are the prettiest girl in this school." "So I've been told." "I heard about some halloween party would you like to be my date?"

I think back to Steve and I's conversation. Billy isn't ugly. But he's not my type what so ever. But I don't want to make enemies just yet.

"I'll get back to you on that Hargrove.", I start to walk away when he grabs my wrist pulling me back to him. "I asked for an answer." "I said I'd get back to you." His grip tightens. "Hargrove let go.", I say trying to pull my wrist away. His face gets inches to mine when I hear a familiar voice. "Let her go." It's Steve. I sigh of relief. Billy throws me into a locker.
I don't think he even meant to based of the look he gave me before turning his attention back to Steve.

"Who are you?" "Steve Harrington. And if I were you I would stay away from her unless you want to deal with me and that isn't a smart decision." Billy rolls his eyes and walks away. "See you tonight Henderson!", he calls.

Steve rushes over to me. "Are you okay?" I nod trying to get up. "I'll take you to the nurse." "I'll get detention." "Not for a head injury." "It's not a head injury" "okay yeah." "it's not. Just knocked the breath out of me I'm okay." " I'm getting you out of a detention. right now so you should thank me."

"Thanks for sticking up for me back there.", I say. "Told you to stay away from him." "Hey he ran into me I started to walk away when he grabbed my wrist." Steve looks down at my wrist clearly still red. "If that bruises. I'll kill him." "You don't have to be so protective of me you know." "Yeah I do." "And why is that?"

He lifts up my wrist. "No to mention him throwing you into a locker." "I'm fine Steve." "We're just getting some ice just in case." "Okay mom.", I chuckle followed by Steve rolling his eyes.