How was I even supposed to work things out with Abbie if nobody let me talk to her?

My thinking was interrupted by the sound of a car in the driveway. I curiously walked over to the window and peeked out the curtain. I wasn't expecting anyone - not anyone that would come here by car, at least - so who could it be?

The first person I recognized in the vehicule was Paul sitting in the driver's seat. What struck me was Zayn stepping out of the passenger seat, waving and smiling at the three people in the backseat.

Three people who I recognized as the Jenkins.

My eyes narrowed as Zayn walked up the path to the door, and I heard him slide in the key and unlock the door before slamming it shut behind  him. He rounded the corner of the hall and froze midstep when he noticed me next to the window. "Hey mate! Thought you were out with the boys" he collected himself quickly, running a hand through his hair. "You scared me"

I just pursed my lips and crossed my arms over my chest. "She got the twins back?" I said coldly, and Zayn grimaced at my tone. "Look, Ni, I can explain okay? Paul came up to me and proposed that I came along for moral support in case she wouldn't get the twins, since we're really close and-"

"Paul asked you" I hissed, my temper going up and up with each passing second. "Why not me? We were closer! She's my girlfriend!"

"Was! She was your girlfriend, Niall! Can't you just wrap your head around the fact that she needs time? She's had way more to deal with than you and she didn't get the chance to cope with it because it all went too fast for her, can't you just let her be for a few weeks? She'll come back when she's ready. Right now she's not, can't you just understand that?" Zayn stormed at me, eyes wild and jaw set tight.

"Well why did you go with Paul if she 'needs time'? Shouldn't you leave her alone to cope too? I thought she asked you not to try and find her either! Remember the letter?" I shot back. "I'm not the one who proposed to go with Abbie to the social worker's, Niall, it was Paul who asked me! And when she saw me, the first thing she did was ask if you were there. She was fucking panicking, Niall. When I told her you weren't with me, she relaxed and said she was happy to see me" Zayn shouted, and I took a step back.

"So you're saying that she just doesn't want to see me" I stated, my shoulders slumping as he nodded, still furious. "That's exactly what I'm saying. Now stay away from her, she needs time"

I took another step back from him and shook my head disgustedly at him. "Some mate you are" I muttered, before walking briskly past him and out the front door again, desperate to get out of the house, away from Zayn.

I wasn't really heading anywhere in particular, just wandering aimlessly in the streets to blow off some steam when I crossed paths with Harry, Liam and Louis, who were coming back from the park. They grabbed my arm and stopped me from walking past them. "Hey, where are you goi- why are you so angry?" Harry asked with a concerned look on his face as I shrugged out of his grip.

"Because Zayn's a fucking asshole, that's why" I answered sharply before walking off again. None of them tried to follow me or stop me.

-o-

I somehow found myself standing in front of the brick building, looking longingly at it as I debated wether or not to enter.

Sometime around an hour ago I thought about trying to talk to Abbie's dad, to see if he might be able to help me, since nobody else seemed willing to do so. If I somehow had the luck to persuade him into believing I truly needed Abbie, maybe he could me by trying to convince her to take me back again.