32- The one where I have a night-out with Sammy part 1

My head snaps as I take a slurp of my iced coffee, Sammy stands above me with an awkward smile, a pink tinge on his cheeks.

'H-How come you wanted to meet just us?'

I shrug, 'I wanted to get to know you better.'

'You know my deepest darkest secret, I think you know me pretty good.'

I roll my eyes, 'I meant quality time.'

'Oh, that sounds nice.'

I sit up, 'Actually, the quality time begins the evening.'

He raises an eyebrow as a worried expression forms on his face, 'W-What do you mean?'

'We're going to a gay club.'

His eyes widen, 'W-What?'

'Look, I just want to get you out there and show you that, they are so many good guys out there. I love Toby, but he's an idiot.'

'B-But I-I'm only eighteen, I don't have any fake or anything.'

I fish out the cards I collected this morning, I give him a wink, 'You don't need to worry about anything, Rory Lewis.'

Sammy laughs slightly as he looks at the fake I.D I've slid across the table, 'W-Would this even work?'

I nod, 'Yeah, I used to do it all the time.'

He lets out a sigh, 'I-I don't know, Autumn. What if someone see's us?'

'Well for starters they are in they would be in the same place as us and I'll take the fall, I'll say I'm experimenting, whatever it takes to get the pressure away from you.'

'You'd do that for me?'

'Yeah, Sammy. You are my friend.'

He bits his lip before nodding, 'O-Okay, it would be nice to go somewhere that I know will accept me. Maybe even kiss a boy'

I give him a small smile, 'Well, as long as you are with me, you are somewhere that accepts you.'

A smile forms onto his face, 'Thanks, Autumn.'

I show him my I.D, 'Actually, it's Annie Perkins.'

Sammy laughs, 'Well, Thank you Annie.'

...

I fiddle with the long-sleeved rainbow crop top, I'm wearing along with my trusted flared jeans. I shiver slightly as I walk towards Sammy's front door. I hesitantly knock on the door, I wait a few moments before it swings open to reveal Sammy dressed in blue jeans and a light pink shirt.

I let out a wolf whistle, 'Looking handsome, Samuel.'

He rolls his eyes, 'A rainbow top, seriously?'

I nod proudly, 'I wanted to show that I'm an ally.'

'You do realise, they have a different flag for allies?'

I frown as I look down, 'I-I actually didn't know that.'

'I appreciate it though, thank you.'

'Come on, we have a night of fun ahead of us!'

He nods as he leaves his house, we walk in silence as we head towards town, it wasn't an uncomfortable silence, in-fact it was the opposite.

'Okay, do you remember your date of birth?' I quiz.

'The second of June, 2001.'

'Which makes you a?'

'Gemini.'

I clap, 'Perfect, I'm impressed that you remembered your zodiac sign.'

The mousy haired boy shrugs, 'I like astrology.'