20- The one with the confrontation

After my session with Claudia, I was mildly inspired to try and be a better friend. This was foreign to me, I've never actually had to try before, in the past people would practically beg to be my friend, so they would be able to climb the social ladder.

So, with this spirit thrusted upon me, I'm leant against Sammy's locker, he was still avoiding the group and for some reason everyone believed every bullshit excuse he's been spewing. Maybe, it was because they never lied to each other, so they didn't have any reason to suspect that he was hiding something.

His large hazel eyes widen, as he stops in his tracks when he sees me. I give him a small wave, the mousy haired boys cheeks flush.

'A-Autumn, are you waiting for me?'

'Technically, the only man I'm waiting for is Harry Styles. But yes, I am.'

His eyebrows knit together but he nods, 'Okay then.'

'We're going for a smoke.'

'I-I don't smoke.'

'I'll rephrase that then; I'm going for a smoke, and you are coming with me.'

'U-Uh, I-I'm kind of busy.'

'No, you aren't. I'm the queen of lies, I can spot one a mile away.'

'F-Fine, but can we be quick please?'

'We will see.' I murmur as I start to leave the building with Sammy trailing behind me, I don't stop walking until we reach my usual smoking spot.

I lean against the brick wall, as I pull out a cigarette and light it. A sigh of relief escapes my lips as inhale it.

'Why are you avoiding us?'

His eyes go the floor, 'I-I'm not.'

'I'm not an idiot, so don't act like I'm one.'

Sammy's cheeks flush, 'I-I don't think you're an idiot.'

'Just talk to me, I'm not going to tell anyone. I-I know how hard it is, to open up to someone. S-So I won't force you into anything. But it can really help to talk to someone.'

He shrugs, 'I-I don't know, it might be easier to tell you. I-I don't mean this in a bad way, but we aren't really close, so it might not be as hard.'

'Wow, I thought we where BFF's, I even got us matching bracelets. I guess they'll have to go in the bin now.'

He laughs slightly before fidgeting with the hem of his graphic t-shirt, 'I-I've been hiding something from everyone.'

I raise an eyebrow, 'Is that about you having feelings for a certain someone?'

His entire face turns to a deep shade of crimson, 'H-How do you know about that?'

I shrug, 'I'm an observant person, it's a gift but a curse. Is that what this is about?'

'Y-Yeah.'

I give him a soft smile, 'I know, how scary it can be to have feelings for a friend. I-It can be terrifying, but if they are a true friend, nothing will change your friendship.'

'B-but this is so much more than that. It isn't a-s simple as me having feelings for a friend.'

'I-I...don't understand.'

'I-I'm...I'm gay.' He manages out.

The look on his face breaks my heart, fear glosses over his eyes. I bit my lip before hesitantly wrapping my arms around his tall frame. My heart beats intensely at our embrace, every part of my body is telling me to pull away, but I stay.