3- The one with the drive home

I lean my back against the cool brick ensuring I was out of sight from any member of faculty, the bell rang a few minutes ago, indicating that my first day back in hell was officially over. I reach into my bag and pull out a packet of cigarettes and a light it. I'm not sure if it was delayed anxiety from today, but the tremors in my hands where still going strong.

'Jesus, just how addicted to nicotine are you?' A familiar obnoxious voice says before beside me, I turn my head to see Lucas leaning against the wall a cigarette hung between his lips.

Fuck, I completely forgot that his annoying presence would most likely be here, this is the spot where most of the stoners and the kids who didn't really give a fuck about school would go and sneak off for a smoke.

'I'm just cold, not that I owe you an explanation.'

I look over his shoulder as I see a bundle of pink hair rushing towards us a large smile on her face, 'Autumn, I didn't expect to see you here!'

I watch as she pulls out a vape pen, the colour of the pen matching the same intensity as her hair, she inhales and exhales deeply, 'I'm trying to quit smoking, my boyfriend doesn't like the taste.' She explains.

'That sounds like a him issue.' I comment dryly.

Lucas snorts, 'Everything about him is a him issue.'

Scarlett nudges her stepbrother, 'I told you; I wanted you to give him an actual shot.'

The extremely tall boy rolls his eyes, 'I did, I still don't like him.'

'That's because you don't like anyone, Luke.' She mutters under breath, but I still caught it, her attentions turn soley back to me, 'Did you get your car fixed?'

I shake my head, 'No, it's still in the shop.'

She frowns deeply, 'How are you getting home then?'

Well, there is no way in hell, that I'll be getting the bus. If I had deal with one more person treating me like I'm either dying or a murderer, I will cry.

I shrug, 'I'll probably, just walk.'

'No, you won't! I'll give you a lift home today, Luke and I car share, we alternate who drives each day, and because it's my day driving, he can't say anything about it!'

The dark-haired boy shakes his head, 'No, I'll probably still say something.'

'Honestly, I don't mind. I can walk.'

'Nonsense! It's got to be at-least a forty-five minuet walk, and you don't even have a coat!'

I bite the inside of my cheek as the goosebumps on my arms give away, just how truly cold I am. Reluctantly I nod, 'S-Sure, thanks.'

My entire body tense, as I see a flock of black hair walking towards us. If I wasn't trembling bad enough before, I certainly was now. My mouth goes completely dry as if I've been stuck in the dessert for numerous days. Hot flushes wave in and out of my body, as my begins to beat that erratically, part of me as afraid I'm going to have a heart-attack.

I don't know why I believed; I could get through this day without seeing him.

'Look, how cute the sluts sticking together.' He snarls, the second he tries to get closer; I take a step back.

'Kyle, just piss off.' Lucas murmurs as he inhales another puff of his cigarette.

'I didn't realise you were ever coming back.' Kyle says, I try not to squirm as his eyes roam around my body, 'Looking good, the time of did you well.'

That's because I felt too anxious to eat anything, and sadly society dictates that the slimmer you, are the more 'beautiful' you are, personally I think it's a bunch of bullshit.

I curse myself for not being able to find my voice, for staying frozen. I told myself that when I did finally become face to face with him again, I'd be strong, I wouldn't let him know the effect he's had on me.

'You not talking to me babe?' He asks as he edges closer, I take another step back.

'I-I...I have nothing to say to you.'

'Don't be like that, I've missed you. I've missed your body, your lips, your touch'

I stiffen at his words, I shake my head as an attempt to get rid of the tears that were threatening to form, 'Well, I haven't missed you.'

One of his arms reach out to touch me, a large hand pulls them away, 'I think you should go; this entire conversation is extremely uncomfortable.'

I turn to look at Lucas in slight shock, his expression was unreadable but hard. Fuck, have I made myself too obvious? Could people read what I was thinking? Could they read the fact that my body was literally on fire, burning with disgusting and repulsion?

Kyle scoffs before he meets the intense glare he's been giving, he cowers slightly, 'R-Right, I got to go anyway, I'll see you around A.'

Scarlett steps closer towards me, 'Hey, you, okay?'

'I'm fine, why wouldn't I be?'

'Y-You look a little pale.'

I shrug, 'No-one likes to walk into an ex.'

She nods understandingly, 'Are you ready to head home?'

'Sure.' I manage out, my facade was going to slip if I wasn't careful, the second I saw his face, I could feel it being chipped away.

I wordlessly trail behind the two siblings as they begin to become engrossed with whatever conversation it is that they are having, when we arrive at her shit-mobile, I silently climb into the back seat.

I just need to get home.

I yawn slightly as my eyelids begin to grow heavy, I lean against the glass of the window next to me, the coldness is helping me to calm down my frenzied cheeks. The drooping in my eyelids continue until they shut completely. I know I'm not going to be able to sleep, but I still felt like resting.

A hand reaches out and touches my knee to shake it lightly, I jolt up, alarm apparent in my eyes, I quickly shove the hand away.

'W-What the fuck are you doing?'

'Jesus, I was just trying to wake you up, we're pulling into your street now.'

'What gives you the right for you to touch me?'

'Fucking hell, I tapped your knee to wake you up.'

I narrow my eyes as my fists clench, 'I don't give a fuck, you did it without my consent.'

Lucas sighs deeply, he holds his hands up, 'Fine, I shouldn't have just touched you.'

I blink rapidly as shock spreads through my body, 'W-What?'

His eyebrows knit together, 'I'm agreeing with you, I shouldn't have just touched you. We don't even know each other.'

'O-Oh...thanks.'

Scarlett turns around to look at me with a small smile, 'Do you want us to pick you up again in the morning?'

Lucas scoffs shaking his head, 'I'm driving tomorrow, and there is no way in hell I'm letting, the princess get into my car.'

'Why the fuck do you keep calling me a princess?'

'Because you are fucking act like one all of the time!'

I scoff at him, 'Well you act like a serious dickhead all of the time.'

'Oh wow, that really hurt my feelings. I think I'm going to go home and reflect on everything I've ever done.'

I roll my eyes at his sarcastic tone, 'Go to hell.'

'I'll save you a seat.'

I turn to face Scarlett, 'Thanks for the ride.'

'No worries, it's been nice to have your company! Come eat with us again tomorrow.'

Fuck, no.

'Maybe.'