16- The one with the bonfire part 2

My heart thumps dramatically, when I see the number of teenagers crowded around the bonfire, most of them with a bottle of beer in their hands. I grind my teeth as I attempt to control the anxiety which is slowly running through my bloodstream.

A small hang clutches mine, I turn to see Scarlett staring at me with reassuring eyes, her thumb runs over my knuckles.

'I'm not going anywhere; you're stuck with me all night!'

'T-Thanks Scar.'

'Don't thank me for something I want to do, silly!'

I roll my eyes at her kindness as we try and find an empty spot, to sit at. After a few minutes of searching, we finally find the perfect place. It was close enough to people, so we didn't feel isolated, but far enough that I felt safe.

'Do you mind If I drink? Once again, It's completely okay, if not.'

I shake my head, 'It's fine, honestly.'

'Okay, well I'll wait for Toby or Luke to come and sit with you before I grab something.' She says softly.

I nod mutely as I watch the fire, the flames dancing wildly against the wind, small sparks coming from the top.

A figure plops down next to me, I turn to see Lucas sat there with two bottles of beers in hand, 'Jesus, the girls here are fucking crazy. One of them just asked if she could have my children.'

I snort, 'I take it, you said yes.'

'Absolutely, I did. I think we're planning on triplets, but I can't be too sure.' He murmurs as he presses the bottle against his lips before downing the entire bottle.

Scarlett stands up dusting the sand of her pants, 'Please can you stay with Autie, while I get my drink?'

He groans loudly but judging from the smile on his face, it's playful, 'Sure, go on.'

'You seem to be in a good mood.'

The dark-haired boy shrugs, 'I had four shots with some random guys before I sat down.'

I roll my eyes, 'Do you just make friends with everyone?'

'Look at my face, clearly I do.'

I purse my lips, 'I don't know, when I look at your face, I just feel a blinding hatred'

'The feeling is mutual, princess.'

I toy with the sleeve of my jumper, 'I'm sorry, I was the reason you and Emma broke up.'

He shakes his head, 'You weren't the reason, she was.'

I watch him in slight awe as a golden hue from the fire illuminates his features, he looks so breathtakingly handsome, it physically hurts.

'Princess.' He murmurs as he pulls a cigarette out of his pocket and lights it, 'You really need to stop staring, it's starting to become creepy.'

I clench my jaw tightly, 'I don't know how many fucking times, I have to get it into your head but I'm not fucking staring at you!'

Laughter erupts from his lips, 'It's okay to admit it, if I could, I'd stare at myself all day long.'

'You are so full of yourself.'

'Life's too short, not to be.'

'You do realise, you have the tendency to sound like an egotistical dick.'

Lucas inhales his cigarette before exhaling loudly, 'Maybe that was the plan, princess.'

I scoff, 'You are ridiculous.'