"Oh, you're Dipper and Mabel. . . you've changed a bit, Dipper mostly." Stanford said, walking closer to the twins, who went running towards him.

"You look like a really cool scientist!" Mabel said.

"I am a scientist." Ford said.

"So. . . Is it true you research the supernatural?" Dipper asked, not hiding how excited he is.

"I do." Ford said.

"It's not a bunch of fake stuff, is it?" Dipper asked.

"No," Stanford said. "Some are fake to attract attention, but a big part of what's in here is real."

That was it. Dipper almost exploded, he jumped and screamed in a high pitched voice. "I can't believe it! This is the best winter of my entire life!" he shouted, raising his cleansed fists.

Everyone stared at him for a while, embarrassment hit him and he looked away, lowering his arms. "Sorry." Dipper said, nervously smiling.

"It's alright," Stanford said. He gave some space for the two to enter. "I'll help you with that baggage."

"Mr. Pines, you're too old for this," Melody said, opening the car's boot. "Let us handle this."

"I'm not that old, Melody."  Stanford said, walking to the back of the car. "I can help too."

Stanford took a suitcase. Melody sighed, stubborn old man. She grabbed some suitcases and put them down, Mabel wrapped some suitcases in their arms, Dipper dragged what he could, Melody took the rest and Stanford stocked to that one. Melody closed the car's boot and locked the car. As everyone went inside, an idea popped in Mabel's head.

"Great Uncle Stanford, can we call you by a nickname?" Mabel asked. "Like Stan, Ford, or do you have another nickname preference?"

"Ford," Stanford said. "You can call me Grunkle Ford."

"Okay!" Mabel said.

"The lab is quite big, but I didn't expect any guests, so, you're going to stay at the attic, of that's not a problem." Ford said.

"I don't mind!" Mabel said.

"If I get to see everything in the lab, then I can even sleep on the couch!" Dipper stated. "We can see everything, right?"

"You can." Ford said, he put the suitcase down. "But first, I have something for you."

"Really?" Dipper asked.

"A gift? I love gifts!" Mabel said. "What is it?"

Ford carefully took two boxes from besides a desk and gave one to each, one box had Dipper's name and the other had Mabel's name. Without waiting, Mabel rushed in opening her box and checked what was inside, she smiled a lot at the sight of what was inside.

"A baby deer!" Mabel said. "Is it alive?" The deer jumped out of the box onto Mabel, making her smile even more while she hugged it.

"I couldn't find a dog or cat for a cheap price, and your mother said you'd like whatever pet you got, so I thought a deer wouldn't be a problem." Ford said.

"A deer? Really Mr. Pines?" Melody asked.

"What?" Ford asked. "It's a pet."

Dipper opened his box. He was silent, staring at it without getting distracted and with no expression on his face. His sister noticed it and became concerned.

"Dipper? Are you okay?" Mabel asked.

Dipper pulled out a box of a board game, it had written in it “Dungeons, Dungeons and More Dungeons”

"Great Uncle Ford. . ." Dipper paused. He looked at his great uncle with a big grin. "I love it!"

Ford let out a relieved sound. "I thought I did something wrong for a second." Ford mumbled.

Mabel laughed. "You and your suspenses, Dipper!"

"I was shocked, sorry!" Dipper said.

"Stop apologising." Mabel said.

"Sor— Nevermind, what will you name the deer?" Dipper asked.

"I'm thinking in naming it. . ." Mabel paused, looking at the deer. It bopped Mabel's nose with its own nose, getting a smile from Mabel. "Grunts!"

Dipper was about to say something, but his sister was happy, so he decided to let it slide.

"Come on, let's head up to your room." Ford said, picking up the suitcase he let down.

"Oh, yeah!" Dipper said. "Almost forgot about that."

"I want to decorate our room! We can make the attic look beautiful!" Mabel shouted, standing up with the deer in her arms and running.

"Mabel!" Dipper called, getting some of the suitcases back and running after Mabel. "Come back, we need to help them with our baggages!"

"So energetic." Melody said, chuckling a bit.

"Yeah," Ford said. "Children being children."

A memory came to Ford's head, two children a bit alike Dipper and Mabel playing on a seesaw and laughing together. Ford couldn't help but smile a bit at the memory, but then, his smile disappeared from his face.

"Are you okay, mister Ford?" Melody asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Ford said. "Let's put those in the attic."

Ford walked upstairs with the suitcases. Melody stood there with a concerned look, but she knew Ford well, he wouldn't say anything even if she asked about it. "Mister Ford and his mysterious past, am I right?" Melody asked herself, going upstairs as well.