Chapter 83-Treatment

I didn't sleep at all last night, I was tossing and turning but not a minute of sleep. I sat in the shower bawling my eyes out, scared out of my fucking mind with everything. I didn't have time to process anything because one day I'm in Italy having the time of my life with my cousins and the next day I get the diagnosis I have cancer.

"Sky we gotta head out soon" my dad yelled as I lay on my shower. Snapping out of my state, I slowly got up and turned off the shower and dried off. Once I finished putting clothes on I went downstairs

"We're gonna be in the hospital for a bit so do you want to grab anything?" Dad asked as I nodded my head. I headed back upstairs and packed a bag of stuff that I'm gonna need. I grabbed my computer, one of mom's stuffed animal, a blanket and a couple of other things. I went back downstairs and put on my crocs and headed to the car with dad. The car ride was mostly silent, my anxiety was through the roof that I picked off all the bandaids I put on along with the skin under it. When we got to the hospital we checked in and I was taken to a room to do some test and was handed a gown. I changed into it and took off all my jewelry and the nurse started taking my vitals and doing an assessment. Once she finished, she placed an I.V in my hand and eventually the anesthesiologist came in along with the surgeon.

"Ok, so Skylar we are going to take you into surgery now, we will put you under anesthesia and you'll have a nice nap" Dr. Maia said

"You're gonna be fine sky, I'll be here when you're awake. I love you" dad kissed the top of my head as I hugged him, afraid to let go. The bed I was on started wheeling as I let go and being taken to the o.r. I don't know why I was scared, I've done this before and I made it out fine. I was instructed to switch to the operating table and I extended my arms out.

"Ok, so I'm going to put this mask over you and you're gonna count backwards Skylar" the anesthesiologist said as he put the mask over me and I followed his instructions counting backwards and I was out.

Muffled sounds was all I heard as I slowly wake up. I opened my eyes gently not wanting to be blinded by the lights of the room. My throat hurts like hell and my neck hurts.

"Hey sky, the surgery went great" my dad appeared in front of me as I gave him a weak smile. I pointed to the cup and he immediately filled it and helped me drink the water. It was hard swallowing but my mouth was dry. "Are you in any pain, let me get the doctors" he got up from his seat and exited the room. A couple minutes later, he came back with Dr. Maia and a nurse.

"Hi Skylar, how are you feeling?" Dr. Maia asked and I tried to form words but my throat hurt like hell. "With your fingers how bad is the pain?" I hold up 7 fingers showing her how bad it is. "Let's up the pain meds" Dr. Maia said to nurse gabby.

"When are we able to leave?" My dad asked as I thought of the same thing

"We're going to keep you overnight but you should be able to go home in the morning" She replied

"And when does treatment start?" He asked

"We want to give Skylar some time to rest so we are starting treatment in about a week." She replied as we both nodded our head, at least I still have a week of rest. After the doctor left, I fell back asleep for a bit until one of the nurses brought me some food. I slowly ate the food which was pretty terrible and watched netflix.

"Guess who's in the house" Uncle Gio walked into my room with balloons, a teddy bear and flowers. "Hey kiddo" he smiled debating whether or not to give me a hug but ended up giving me a fist bump "How are you feeling?"

"Been better" I replied but it came out as a whisper.

"How was the nap?" He question referring to the anesthesia