"Hello how can I help you?" she asked with a smile.

"We'd like to buy a horse," Inola said going up to the horses.

She stroked each of their noses after only a minute she picked her favorite a chestnut-colored female named Penelope.

"These horses cost a lot of money," the woman said putting her hands on her hips, a frown on her face when she looked over the two of us, we were still incredibly dirty.

"Is this enough?" Inola asked tossing the woman a small bag full of gold coins.

"I didn't know you had money?" I said and she rolled her eyes.

"Since when do I have to tell you everything?" She asked rudely.

The woman rushed to open the horses pen and she gave Inola a saddle and reins for free.

"Remember to feed her at least once a day her favorite food is oats, and make sure she drinks enough water," the woman said then she waved us goodbye a greedy smile on her face.

We were riding through the village on the back of a beautiful horse, Inola was steering the horse as if it was a part of her and I was hanging onto her with a death grip. I had never been on a horse before, they were very bumpy and every time she took a step, I thought I was going to be thrown off. We were about to leave the village and never return when two things happen.

The first was a Persian cat dressed in a blue uniform he caught a dog in a net and threw him into a rolling prison cart. The cart was made entirely out of wood with metal bars and inside the cart were three dozen dogs of every shape size and color. Some were savage and wild, and others were obviously domesticated with collars around their necks and finely trimmed hair. There were gorgeous glowing snow wolfs and tiny little chihuahua sized dogs with feathery wings. In the very corner of the cart, I saw a large black dog asleep with his tongue hanging out. I immediately recognized the dog as Seth. I jumped off the horse and ran to the cart.

The second thing to happen was a band of horses approaching from the distance, the horses were being driven by elf warriors. The warriors all had long hair flowing behind them like flags. They were shirtless with war marks painted on their faces. They held large bows and sharp arrows with tips made from rocks. Their horses were tall and strong with long thick mains and tails that dragged on the ground. When Inola saw them, she instantly grabbed a blanket from the horse's saddle bag and used it to cover her hair and ears.

"Excuse me what are you doing with those dogs?" I asked pulling out my inhaler and sucking from it.

"Dogs are illegal in Meow town so we're sending them to the judge," the Persian cat told me then he hopped behind the donkey pulling the wagon and hit him with the end of his whip.

Inola rode over to me on her horse and tossed me a small bag of coins. I wasn't ready to catch it though, so I missed the bag and it landed on my foot. I fell over from the pain and began to rub my foot

"Bailey something's come up and I can't help you any longer, but that should be enough to get your own horse," she said then she went riding off after the army, without a word of goodbye.

"Where are you going," I shouted but she was already too far away to hear me.

I didn't have time to go after her I had to rescue Seth.

.  .  .

I needed to get directions. I found an orange cat sitting on a bench with a frown on her face and her arms crossed she looked like she was about to cry, I was going to turn around and ask someone else, but she had already caught my eye and asked if she could help me.