Chapter 19

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Gun's POV

After Mark left my unit, I went over to my fridge and pulled out a bottle of beer and walked over to the living room.

I plopped myself on to the sofa and twisted the cap and took a long swig before setting the bottle down on my coffee table. Where was my TV remote.

I looked all around my living room but couldn't find it.

I went to the kitchen area thinking that maybe I had absentmindedly set it down on one of the counter tops. No luck there.

I took a glance at the dining table. Not there either.

Wait, was it possible that I had absentmindedly brought it with me to my bedroom?

I walked over to my bedroom, not feeling confident that I would find it there.

I looked on top of the dresser. Not there. Maybe my bedside table? Nope not there either.

Wait, yeah, there it was on the lamp stand.

As I was walking towards the lamp stand to pick up my TV remote, I noticed an unfamiliar garment on my bed.

What the hell, it was Mark's undershirt. How could he have left it on my bed. Maybe in his hurry to leave he had forgotten that he had been wearing an undershirt.

Should I call him right now to come back and pick it up or should I just bring it with me tomorrow when I go back to class at our uni, or maybe should I just wait for him to call me and ask about it.

I picked up the TV remote from the lamp stand and walked back towards the living room.

I took another swig from my bottle of beer while turning the TV on.

The evening news was on. Some political debate had just ended and the newscaster was giving some ending remarks about it, then the weatherman appeared on the screen.

Shit there was a forecast of heavy rain tomorrow. What a way to start Monday morning.

I finished the rest of my beer in just a few more gulps.

I stood up to get another bottle from my fridge then decided against it. I should fix myself some dinner. But I lacked the energy to cook anything.

Luckily I found some leftover chicken pineapple potato salad. I took out the bowl and finished the whole stuff. Damn I was still feeling hungry.

Suddenly I was craving for nasi goreng. Should I call the Indonesian restaurant and order a takeout, or better yet have it delivered to my unit?

I pulled out my phone from my pocket.

"Yes, Gun, wzzup?"

I almost dropped my phone. I had absentmindedly tapped on Boat's number.

"I ... I ... "

What was I going to say. Should I tell him that I was craving for a nasi goreng?

"Gun?"

"Um ... "

"Why are you calling me, Gun? Are you okay, buddy?" Boat's voice sounded concerned.

"Sure, I'm okay," I said hurriedly. "I just thought I'd order some nasi goreng from that Indonesian restaurant and I don't know why I accidentally tapped on your number, haha."

My laugh sounded fake and I hated myself for it.

"Stay right there, don't move until I get there," Boat said firmly.

"Wait!" I tried to say but Boat had cut the call.