Chapter 10

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Gun's POV

"Nah, I'll be fine," Boat said when I offered to treat him to lunch after he returned my laundered clothes to me.

Then I realized that the reason he might have refused my offer was because I had mentioned that I was in the mood for some Mexican dish and I just remembered that he was not into Mexican food.

Oh well, I will just treat him another time, maybe to an Indonesian restaurant where we can order some nasi goreng.

I was expecting to see a long line at the Mexican fast food place but to my pleasant suprise there was only one other guy ahead of me waiting to give his order to the kitchen staff.

I was about to step forward after the first guy left when I felt someone tap my should er from behind and say, "Hey."

I turned around.

It was the guy whom I had met at the library the other day and who had called me last night and the same idiot who thought that I was having sex with Boat.

"Oh, it's you." I remarked, starting to wonder if he was stalking me.

He smiled at me. It touched me somehow that he was giving me a shy smile, like he really wanted to be my friend but was unsure how to go about it.

I tried to think of a way to discourage him because I did not want to get entangled with a freshman from this same university where I'm studying.

"So I'm assuming that you like Mexican food too," he said in a hopeful tone.

"Nah," I lied. "I'm just here to buy a takeout for a classmate who helped me with my homework last night."

His face fell and it gave me a twinge of guilt but I reminded myself that it would do me no good to be friends with a freshman. Already he had bugged me last night about the book that he wanted to read but which I had gotten access to ahead of him.

I went ahead and gave my order of beef and cheese enchilada and a side of tortilla chips with mild salsa. I chose a chilled mango drink to go with my order.

I saw an empty table at the corner and walked over to it.

I set my tray on the table and picked a tortilla chip from the red oblong shallow plastic container and dipped it into the salsa.

I had just bit into my tortilla chip, my head bowed, when I heard someone approach my table and say, "Can I join you, you liar?"

The sassy brat had followed me to confront me about my lie.

I could not think of an immediate response so I pretended to choke on my tortilla.

He set his tray down and walked behind me and started to tap the back of my neck.

I grabbed my drink and sipped from it.

"Are you alright now?" he asked.

I nodded.

"I'm sorry," I finally said. "I just couldn't resist teasing you. I like teasing people who are much younger than I am."

Again I felt guilty seeing his face fall so I said, "Go ahead and share my table."

"Thanks," he said, pulling a chair from across me and sitting on it, pulling his tray closer to him.

"Oh, we ordered the same drink," he said with a smile. "Mango juice is also my favorite drink."

"It's not really my favorite," this time I wasn't lying. "I only ordered it because I was starting to get tired of tamarind juice which is what I usually drink."

"Oh," he said, looking thoughtful, as if he was trying to memorize that fact.

"Do you come here often?" he asked.

"No," again I was not lying. "How about you, do you come here often?"

"No," he replied. "It was just that for some reason I was in the mood for something different from Thai and Indonesian food."

My ears perked up when he mentioned Indonesian food. Did he by any chance liked nasi goreng like I did?

"What Indonesian dish do you like to eat?" I asked just for conversation's sake.

"Nasi goreng," he replied without hesitation.

Oh shit, did he just say nasi goreng.

"I'm thinking of stopping by that Indonesian restaurant at the nearby mall after my last class this afternoon," he added. "I will take my early dinner there before going home. You wanna join me?"

Did I wanna join him? Hmm...

Would it look weird for a senior to be having dinner with a freshman?