Chapter 4

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Boat's POV

I waited patiently for Gun at my apartment.

I was not sure if 'patiently' was the right word to use because I was actually on pins and needles.

It had been a long time since I had brought Gun to my apartment.

It had been such a long time ago since that 'kiss between best friends' happened and we had sworn to each other that it would never happen again.

We had continued to hang out with each other but always in public, never at my apartment or his.

I made sure not to show any indication to him that my feelings for him were more than just the 'best friends' kind of feeling. I was sure that if I did, that he would cut off our friendship and that was the last thing that I wanted to happen.

I was surprised therefore when suddenly today he had asked to spend the night with me. Had he forgotten about our pact never to get into an environment where that event might happen again?

But I wasn't about to argue with him. I immediately said yes without asking any questions.

If he wanted to tell me all about it, I was a willing listener.

Since he said that he was planning to have his dinner at the university campus, I started to make dinner for myself.

I'm sure if he had seen what I was cooking he would not be able to resist his favorite nasi goreng which was my favorite as well. That was the dish that brought us even closer to each other because that was what we would always choose to eat when we were together.

 That was the dish that brought us even closer to each other because that was what we would always choose to eat when we were together

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

To those who might not know this dish it is an Indonesian dish that's a cut above regular fried rice. I have never tasted it before but I plan to study the recipe and will try to make a vegan version of it.

It took me a while to prepare it because there was a lot of ingredients involved and it took a big amount of time to come up with the finished product.

By the time I had taken the last spoonful of it, my phone sounded with a text notification.

I'm at the gate of your building.