I heard a woman's voice. "Which hospital are you in Ashley?" She asked . Alex's mother, I recognised her in an instant. My heart sank. When I didn't answer she repeated but this time she added some words. "Alex wants to know where you are. We have to get Elena out of there and send her to New York." She said and I turned my head to Elena.

"Shelby's." I say and she sighs ending the call.
Elena stared back at me. I knew something wasn't adding up. A few minutes later I see her mother enter the hospital room. She walked straight towards us as she glared at me once before she grabbed Elena's wrist. "You're leaving for New York. Now!" She exclaimed.

"But-" i wanted to say something but she shushed me with her glare. "I know you want to keep the baby Elena, this is the only way. Your father wouldn't want to know about it now, I will save you from an abortion. I promise you wouldn't want one anyways." Her voice softened slightly and Elena nodded her head.

"Let me take my phone." She said but her mother pulled her out of the room leaving me behind. I sighed as I sinked into the bed. I wished Alex was there to hug me then. I wish I could stop Elena. I was helpless. I at-least knew she was in New York.

As I made my way outside, following them from a distance. Her mother paused in her steps and gave Elena a push to enter the car awaiting them. She turned back towards me. "And You, don't you dare have me look at your face ever again. Both my children are suffering because of you. You.." she paused and took a deep breath.

"Get home safe." She said as she walked off. The same woman who used to cook my favourite meals was the one asking me to go away and never see their family again. My heart shattered right there. Something stirred inside of me. Deep inside I wanted to let her know how sorry I was.

"I am sorry." I muttered under my breath.
.
.
.
.
That was all I could remember except falling asleep. I slept in for days. Waiting for Elena's calls but she didn't call. I tried, her phone wasn't connecting either. I called again and again, Alex, Elena, none of them answered. I was done waiting. After a week of not stepping out of my room, I finally
Changed my clothes. I finally stepped out of my room, my house.

My mother wasn't home yet again. My father, he was busy on a call with someone. I sighed as I walked outside, accustomed to the  usual ignorant environment. I ran my way to my favourite bakery and got a few cupcakes, Alex's favourite ones. The one with Vanilla and blueberries.  There was a smile on my face as I hailed a taxi to their place.

I didn't remember anything else other than the memories. I was too lost in hope, emotions that I almost forgot that it wasn't possible for me to  go back in time. To make things the same as they were before. I sat there staring blankly until the mansion was in view. I stepped outside the cab, stuffing cash in the driver's hands.

I walked inside and the guards let me. I smiled at them as usual. My heart was thundering in my chest. I heard a faint conversation. I knew someone was in the garden. There was a hope inside me of knowing it was Alex. I headed to the backyard through the small footpath that went around the huge garden. My eyes caught a glimpse of Alex. His head bandaged and his white shirt made his face even paler.

"Who did it? I know you would never do this to me." His father asked him as he sat opposite to him on the wooden chair. My footsteps froze as I leaned against the pillar, pressing my back against it.