20. Alex

After a few hours of having my meetings with my managers and our investors, I had decided to take a short break. Ashley wasn't around and grandma told me she was in our room doing her work. I decided to join Elena and Ash for their painting competition.

It had been thick minute since I sat down with Elena. She was my only sibling and we had always been close even tho we bickered a lot. Elena turned her head towards me as Ash ran off to show her painting to Rachel.

"So, what's going on between you and Ashley?" She said, abruptly nudging my arm. Her face was full of that tender glee that danced in her eyes. It had been so long since we sat together doing silly things. And about her question, I wasn't sure myself what I wanted to say or had to say.

"I don't know Elena. You know how much I loved her when that happened, and maybe I can still love her the same if possible. I can't help that when she is around me 24/7." I sighed. It was unsettling the realisation of where everything was headed. It was hard to let go, but it was possible.

Every-time Ashley had begged me to talk it out ran through my head. Every-time she defended herself ran through my mind. Every-time I pushed her away after that was incredibly vivid. I had seen her give me attitude for months, years and yet being there. Once in a while there came a moment we both forgot we strived to live for, that one moment that was a pause for this toxic hating game between us. And that was the moment I had been surviving upon for three years.

The moment has returned, but this time longer and this time I wanted it to last forever, again. I knew it had to last but would it? My head was filled with confusion but I knew deep down, what I wanted, needed. I sighed again before I turned to look at Elena once again. She was still busy completing her sunset painting.

"But what about you and her. So there is a boxing match tomorrow?" I said and she smiled abruptly not bothering to look at my face to tell what I was thinking.

"Can't wait to beat the shit out of her, she doesn't know how much I have awaited this moment." Elena said as her aggression pushed through her paint brush onto the sheet. I smiled to myself knowing years of her missing Ashley. It was still vivid, what had happened when Elena gave birth to her daughter.

Elena cried on the stretcher, her face was filled with tears from her contractions. Her hair were a mess, she was a kid for once who wouldn't stop whining about her pain. Why the fuck was I alone with her? Because apparently we were having a pizza-treat of her last trimester almost coming to an end.

She grunted with pain. "I want Ashley, I wished she was here with me. She promised me she would be there for my kids. Where the fuck is that bitch, call her!" Elena yelled . I was taken aback, not while she was in labour. Why did she even had to mention  Ashley?  My heart ached as I looked at her.

"I can't call her, we are in New York and she is in Seattle right now." I said and Elena almost hit me because she really wished to.  It'd be too funny for her to run after me in that situation.  I almost laughed but I knew it would be crazier for me to laugh on her when she was in labour. It was a coping mechanism for nervousness for me, I couldn't help it.

"Ashley You bitch!" Elena screamed and I pursed my lips because I noticed how her doctor was staring at her. He took a pause in his steps and raised his brows  and all of a sudden Elena went silent. I did notice how she turned her face slightly. David, the head nurse, my new friend, passed me a look.

Elena groaned and he stepped forward. "Are you ready to push?" He asked her. She nodded her head vigorously. "Would you be able to push?" He asked again and she almost hit him too. Elena was violent when she was suffering. I bit back my laugh when David raised both his hands in the air. "Okay lady. Just know I'd be with you okay? I got all the paperwork done too, Alex go and sign them. I will be with her until the doctor arrives."