Chapter 8 Village of Haven

Chapter 8 Village Haven

They made it the house which Laurence calls home. Laurence looked at Steve which is now holding this hand look at the door nervous if the person on the other side this door will except him and not look at him weird like the other people in the village did. Laurence smiled, looked out the door and open it, they both entered, close the cold world.

Inside felt warm and comfortable, the smell of homemade food that as been added into the air of oak wood house, the sound that fit the home, is a humming tone of a woman with the rocking chair.

"Honey I'm home" yelled cherry Laurence.
Steve hid behind his dad leg to give the new person a surprise.

"Helen guess what I found".
The woman Helen had brown hair in a bun, green kind eyes, also light brown shiny skins with green home made dress with a dark brown belt around her waist.

"Laurence? You know I dispute guessing games". She gave a playful smirk. Then walks to the kitchen.

"Oh. Your going to love it I promise you. It something we wanted but never seem to.".

Helen pulls the pie out of the furnace and place it on top. Showing a shocked look at him.

"What do you mean?". Helen walk to Laurence slowly.

Laurence smile and put his hand on Steve's back to show Helen. "My love, Meet owner new son".

Helen look at Steve. Tears forming. "Laurence please prank me". Helen voice shaking for any kind of joke of this is not real, even though he looked at Steve and hope it truth that she will finally become a mother.

"It real ma'am my name is Steve I'm all alone. So can I be-".

Steve got cut off by Helen knees on the floor and hugged him tight with tears of joy on her face. "Just call me mom Steve".
Steve shook but hugs his new mother with a joyful smile on his face. The feeling that he is now home.

The next two days.

Steve and his new mother walking to the market place to grab some food.

It was a hug crowd so Steve cling onto his mom's dress to stay close. Helen notice him to be shy with hug crowd, she just kept walk soon to that apple stall.

The villager at the stall recalls Helen as a friend. Wearing a brown rob with a farm straw hat.

"Helen! Good morning". Said with a smile.

Helen smile as well to the good friend. "Good morning chuck! How are you doing"? 

Chuck grabs the brown badge from below. "I'm am dandy. Same old, same oh. How's my pal Laurence"?

"Oh he doing better since-".
She got cut off by chuck by seeing Steve peak from behind and went back to hiding spot when chuck noice him.

"Helen? who the young boy"? He ask with a cherry kind smile. Trying to take a look at Steve again.

Helen smile bright then looks at Steve. Putting a hand on his head and ran down to the back of his ear. "It's ok you can come out". Steve look at his mother am then at chuck who folded his arms on the desk of the stall with his head  on top resting.

Steve took a deep breath and went to front of his mother. For chuck to take a good look at him.

"This is my son Steve". Said Helen "Steve this is chuck my, he is a good friend of mine".

"Well hello my seem like a special kid". Steve nodded his head.
"Well welcome to Haven village Steve".

Coming soon
Episode 9 it's hot but it's home.