Chapter 6. Who are you

I snuggled in my bed. Then smell smoke. I woke up to see I was in my burn down house. I can't remember how I got up here.

I sat up in my bed, then my head start to hurt really bad. I don't remember how I got it or how I got here. I think I don't remember my own name.

I got out of my bed and walk out of the burnt down house. I tripped on the ground. That hurt. I start to get up and look at the burnt house that is now behind me. Brushed myself off.

It was quite here all I hear is the gentle wind. I start tear up and looked around the place I am in.

"Hello? Is anyone here?". I called nonetheless I only hear an echo copying me.  I only realize, I was alone.

I am scared there no one here to help me or figure out what's going on and who I am.

I planted my knees to earthly, ash floor. Crying in my hands. I am truly alone. Is the only thing I had in my mind.

I hear foot steps coming. I left my head and see a person running to me. (Not being racist) He had light brown skin and a long nose with silver grayish outfit.

He kneels down to me, breathless. "Are you ok child?". He looked at my head. " oh you poor child. What's your name?". He ask I looked at him blankly I don't know my name. So I look at my shoes and shocked my head.

Then the he took my shirt near the Bach of my neck. I looked up at him and questioning what is he doing. He looks around the burned down place I hardly remember. Then he looked at me. "I guess your name is written here. Steven ring a bell?". I nod my head, I am pretty sure that name is mine the only thing that I could get to remember.

He smiled "well Steven since this place is not livable how would you like to live with me?".

I smiled back he seems very trustworthy. I stand up as he offers his hand. I took it and we walk together to what seem like my new adventure.

Hours later

We been walking for what seems like forever. I looked up to my new friend and then looked at his nose. Odd do I have that kind of nose. I touch my nose with my hand, it was not the same or at lease I am just different.
I look back at him. I have not cot his name nor what he is.

"What is troubling you by boy?". He looked down at me with a bright smile.

"I have not cot your name sir". I asked.

"Well my name is Laurence, Laurence stonecutter.

Laurence Stonecutter that a really cool name, more so then my name which as no last name. Or family I am alone. So I kind wondering if I put his name in mine

"My name is Steve Stonecutter as well." I said with a proud smile I kind of like the souls of it anyways.

He was surprised at the way i but my name together with his last name. Then he same happy and hopeful.
He stoped walking so did I. Why did we stopped? "Well if your going to take my last name then that will call you my son.
I was wide eyes. What doe it mean his son if I take his last name. Wait doe that mean if I did that means that he becomes my father or, dad. I looked in his green eyes and then a tear pour out of my eye. Does this mean he wants to adopt me and be my family. Well I think my family is dead in the place I was. So I guess it's ok. Even though I just meet him. I think it's ok.

I nodded my head yes with a smile. He was happy tears pour from both eyes. Then he hugs me and life me to a big bear hug. "You have no idea this means to me I always wanted a son". He said his voice trouble with tears of joy.

"Well you got one, dad". I hug him back. "Oh do I have a mom, dad?".

He put me on his shoulders and continue walk. "Yes you do have a mom back at the village. We could not seem to have any kids of our own, but you will being her very happy Steve".

"Well I hope she's ready and has food case I'm hungry".
My new dad laugh.

"Well we will sure tell her cause she is the best cook in the village and they don't call her the best village baker for nothing".
I laughed.

Coming next Chapter 7 welcome home.