Let's go find a dead body.

☆ Hey guys. I'm so glad you're here to read this story. Please enjoy and let me know what you think! I would love comments and reaction. Itt lets me know that people are liking my story. As always, have a good read! ☆

The wind blew cold as the dim light of the full moon started to peek out from the top of the house. Sniffling from the chill on my face, I followed behind my best friend closely as we climbed the roof. I tried not to look down too much; it wasn't that I was afraid of heights. It was the being caught part of this adventure that bothered me.

The McCall's have been a second family to me ever since I can remember. Melissa was a mother to me, and her son was basically my brother. Climbing the roof of their house in the middle of the night just seemed a tad disrespectful.

"Stiles, I'm not sure if this is a good idea." I whispered as we continued to climb the McCall's roof. Stiles ignored me and kept climbing until he'd hit the top of the house.

"Should I scare him?" He laughed as he followed the roof down to Scott's window. "What if I just tapped on it, like that one scene from -"

"If you reference one more movie, you're going off the roof." I replied in annoyance. Stiles had been referencing things all night. I would've enjoyed it, maybe even joined in, if I knew what the hell he was referring to.

Stiles looked hurt, putting a hand to his chest 'painfully'. "Ouch! That's no way to treat one of the few friends you have in this town."

Carefully watching where I put my feet, I moved my way to the porch covering before sitting down and brushing off his rather rude insult. "I have more friends than just you and Scott, Stiles."

He scoffed, "Who? Lydia Martin?"
I glared at him for bringing up her name.

Lydia Martin was the 'It' girl at Beacon Hills High school and was more commonly known for being a bitch. Ever since elementary, we've been at each other's throats. But the true rivalry started Freshman year of High-school. It didn't help that Stiles was over the moon in love with her.

Obsessed, kind of in love. There was no difference to him.

But I couldn't truly deny that what he had said was a lie. Scott and Stiles were the only friends I had in this town, even though I would never care to admit it aloud. They had been my only friends since kindergarten, thanks to our mothers. They made poor decisions 98% of the time and would always drag me along for the ride. Not that I mind, though. It gave me a reason to be out of my house.

Currently, home looks different for me than it would for a normal teenager my age. Instead of a two-parent household, my house consists of me and my older brother Trent – no parent in sight.

My mother fell into a coma when I was ten from an illness the doctors couldn't explain. My dad kept her alive and on a ventilator for nearly two years before she finally passed away when I was 12. After her death, he moved across the country to New York for a try at a new life, leaving everything from his old life behind.

Trent and I have stuck together ever since and have grown extremely close. Although, we still have major disagreements when it comes to my personal life.

My mother, Kailani, was a Siren, descending generations before her. In most stories and fairytales, you hear or read, Sirens are known as dangerous creatures who lure sailors to their demise. Greek mythology depicts them as enchanting women, half bird or mermaid. It's known that their beauty could deceive even the wind and the waves to fall victim to their song.

Obviously, I do not have a tail or wings and I don't kill sailors. Most of the knowledge the world has on Sirens is a lie. However, historians did get some things right. Like the enchantment song, for example. The famous melody that would lead sailors to death.
Back when my mother was alive, she taught me about Siren history and how over a hundred years ago pods around the world vowed to ban the enchantment song and become peaceful creatures.