Episode 7: Two Down

"Alright, Garmadon...that's...that's a lot to take in all at once." Macaque said, putting a hand on his head. "So, there's this all powerful evil being called The Overlord and he's come here to destroy us all? And he has an army that can crystalize anyone they touch?"

"And due to this realm being different from yours, the villains and heroes of your world are supercharged whenever they come here, to match our level of fighting and power?" Lily asked.

Garmadon hummed. "That's putting it lightly, yes."

"Good thing I've already sent a text to MK." Lily gulped before looking at Macaque. "We have to go warn them or help them!"

Macaque stood up and faced Lily. "Kid, you're not ready to fight-"

"Then, at least bring me with you! I know Mei's still not comfortable around you after you put the Samahidi Fire into her!" Lily said. "I know I can't fight as well as you, but we at least have to help them!"

Garmadon then stood up as well. "It's likely The Ninja and my son have already met with your friends. So, yes. Your daughter's right."

"SHE'S NOT MY DAUGHTER!" Macaque exclaimed, with Lily blushing in embarrassment. "BUT YEAH, GOOD POINT."

Garmadon gave him a look. "You don't have to shout, Macaque..."

Macaque sighed. "Sorry, sorry...we already dealt with one world destroying psycho, so I guess this isn't new."

He then looked at Lily. "Let's get going, kiddo."

Lily smiled wide before summoning her shadowy staff into her hands. She was getting better and better with her powers.

Garmadon then turned into his Oni Form, taking out his wings as well so he could fly. "Do you all have a way of transport?"

"Unfortunately, mine's not as simple...unlike Wukong's friggin' cloud." Macaque groaned. "I hate that guy..."

Garmadon hummed. "Who?"

"Meh, he's my big brother." Macaque said nonchalantly as he headed to the garage of his temple, where he had kept a flying vehicle that he managed to get his hands on when he worked for the Lady Bone Demon.

Garmadon chuckled. "We really are alike. I have a brother as well. Is yours associated with the color gold?"

Macaque cackled. "Well then! Guess we're two sides of the same coin, eh?"

Lily then butted in as they headed into the garage. "Wukong's your brother?!?"

Macaque crossed his arms. "Why are you acting like that's such a shock, kid? We're the only two magical monkeys born from rocks. It's not such a surprise that we'd be related in some way..."

"T-that still would've been good to know! Why did Wukong and the stories never mention that?!" Lily exclaimed.

Macaque chuckled a bit. "I dunno if you've noticed, but the stories quite literally wrote me out of history. Whoever wrote that Journey To The West tale had gotten some things wrong."

Garmadon hummed. "Something happened between you and your brother then...?"

"Oh, yeah." Macaque said as he and Lily got on his strange flying bike thing. "He abandoned me for eternal life a long time ago, not even thinking for one second about how I felt about being left on that damned mountain all by myself..."

Lily's heart clenched, knowing that Wukong had changed from all that time ago, but Macaque still felt abandoned by his own brother. Either way, currently, the two's relationship wasn't a healthy one.

Macaque revved up his vehicle as he flew off with Lily holding onto him. Garmadon flew after them, using his dark power to increase his flight speed.

Lily looked around...but her eyes widened in horror when she saw the city and the sky. It was dark and the entire city was covered in pink crystals.