Chapter 13

Shit. I overslept on my nap. 

It's 19.02 and I just woke up. My hair is a mess and I've got those lines on my arms and in my face from where I've slept, but it was damn good nap. I rush out in the bathroom to comb my hair and wash my face. I decide just to let my hair hang loose. I quickly throw on an outfit consisting of the first pieces of clothes I can find. A pair of jeans and a green top. 

I grab my jacket and put on my shoes in such a hurry that I almost fall over. How I have never broken a single bone in my body yet remains a mystery. I grab my phone, where Coyote has already called me a few times, but I just text him that I'm on my way. Despite the fact that I'm a shit driver, I still take the car since Coyotes place is around 20 minutes on foot, and I don't feel like running right now. 

But I manage not to hit anything on the way as I finally pull up to the apartment, where Coyote is staying. 

"You're late" Coyote says, but soon lets out a chuckle, probably because I still look like a mess 

"I'm sorry, I forgot to set an alarm" I smile before being pulled into a hug. 

"No worries. The only thing you've missed is Phoenix and Hangman arguing over the fact that your brother likes pineapple on pizza" he laughs pulling away from the hug. 

"Another reason, why I think, my parents took home the wrong twin. He is just so wrong in so many ways" I laugh, stepping into the apartment. 

From the hallway, where I take off my shoes and jacket, I can hear a distant laughing and chatting coming from the living room probably. The whole apartment already smells like pizza which makes me realize just how hungry, I actually am. 

"Hey, there she is! Nova!" Payback cheers as I enter the living room with Coyote. 

Payback, Fanboy and Jake are sitting on the couch playing cards, while I spot Bob and Phoenix in the kitchen, making pizzas. I guess, Jake gave up on that. 

"Hey guys, sorry for being late" I apologize and sit down in the armchair next to the couch. 

"Overslept again?" My brother asks with a smirk, making the guys laugh. 

"It's not my fault the bed was so comfortable" I shrug with a laugh. "What are we playing?" I then ask. 

"We're playing poker, if you wanna join?" Fanboy says. 

"But be aware, Coyote is way too good at this game" Payback adds as Coyote joins the game as well. 

"Hmm, I think, I'll help in the kitchen instead then" I chuckle, getting up from the armchair and leaving the boys to get beaten in poker by my best friend. 

"Need any help?" I ask, making Bob and Phoenix turn around and smile at me. 

"Hey Lu, didn't think, you'd make it" Nat smiles.

"Wouldn't wanna miss pizza night" I chuckle. 

I take a spot in between Bob and Phoenix as I help making the final pizzas. We all chat along and listen to the music coming from the radio. Then Phoenix begins setting the table, leaving Bob and I alone. 

Instantly, my heart beats faster. I haven't been alone with Bob since we almost kissed yesterday. I glance over at Bob, only to find him already smiling at me. Suddenly, he lets out a little chuckle, making me give him a confused look. 

"What?" I chuckle in confusion. 

"It's just uh, you got a little something..." he says and before I can react he dipped his finger in the flower before he draw a line with it on my cheek, making me gasp.