Vol. 1 Chapter 1.2 - Convincing the class

After a few minutes, a woman entered the classroom. When I first saw her, I could tell that she firmly believes in discipline.

"Ahem. Good morning to you students. I am the instructor of class D. My name is Chabashira Sae and I will be acting as your homeroom teacher for the next 3 years. The entrance ceremony will be in 1 hour, but for now I will distribute written materials with information about this school's special rules. I will also hand out the admissions guide."

The campus had an excellent variety of facilities. It also boasted another unique feature known as the S system.

"I will now hand out your student ID cards. It acts much like a debit card and can be used to access any facility. At this school you spend points. 1 point is equal to 1 yen. Anything located on the school premises is available for purchase. Points are automatically deposited into your account on the first of every month. You should have all received 100,000 points already. No further explanation should be necessary."

The classroom erupted. 

In other words, we had received a 100,000-yen monthly allowance from the school upon admission. 100,000-yen does seem like a rather large sum of money for a high schooler judging from everyone's reactions.

"Shocked by the amount of points you've been given? This school evaluates its student's talents. Everyone here passed the entrance exam which speaks to itself about your value and potential. You can use your points without restraint, it is up to you as to how you spend them. You may also transfer your points to another student, but extorting money from your peers is strictly forbidden. This school monitors bullying very carefully. Well it appears as if nobody has any questions. I hope that you enjoy your time here as students-"

"Teacher, I have a question," before Chabashira-sensei could turn around, Koenji appeared to have called for her attention before she could turn around and leave the room. He had a noticeable smirk on his face.

"You are Koenji-kun right? Feel free to ask your question, I'll answer anything that I'm permitted to," she replied.

Koenji is still resting his feet at the top of his desk, with the same smirk. "You mentioned how points are deposited into our accounts on the first of every month but you never mentioned what our actual allowance is. Care to tell us what our allowance is?"

Koenji pointed out something that I missed out on. So he was paying attention to what Chabashira-sensei was saying.

"Oi oi, what are you getting at Koenji? She clearly said that our allowance is 100,000 points every month!" A rather short boy in our class exclaimed this while laughing. His name on the back of his seat said "Ike".

"It seems as if I am surrounded by rather ugly existences, but I will overlook that fact if you let the teacher answer the question."

This seemed to have angered a lot of the class, understandably so, but he appeared to not mind it whatsoever.

"Koenji-kun, as for your question, I am not permitted to answer that question. Do you have any other questions?"

The class looked confused by this statement. Was Koenji actually right? Admittedly my sense of money isn't very good so 100,000 yen per month per person did seem fine.

"Yes, now would you care to explain the details of the point system?"

The class started to murmur. Horikita appeared to be staring at Koenji.

"I'm sorry, but I cannot do that." Chabashira declined Koenji's question, but appeared to be smiling instead?

"Then can you please explain to me why you can't?"